DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen and heard alot about the ES and SE Intrepids. My Intrepid does not have either of these markings on the car, so I quess it would be considered the base model. What is the difference between the base and the ES and SE? The only possible conclusions I can come up with would be the engine and or front grille. Just curious.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
It can't be an R/T because the motor would be a 3.5, the ES front end would have the black insert and fog lights, the earlier base models (1998-2000?) were not SE's, they just had no letters on the rear window area.

I believe you are right in assuming it's a base model.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it is definitely not an R/T. I just happen to see alot of ES or SE on the road and the only difference I can see is either a leather interior or the front grille. Regardless, its one heck of a car...

·
Registered
161 Posts
A base model is an SE model. The SE has a 2.7L engine while the ES model has a 3.2L engine. If your thinking about future performance mods down the road your best bet for now is the ES or R/T model. Cuz so far I havent seen too much for the SE models.

PEACE!!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Correct ,all base cars are SE .We did not start putting the SE sticker on till 2001.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Brad... who met up with us in NYC had a 2.7 ES. They do make them... they just aren't common.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Originally posted by DjPiLL:
Brad... who met up with us in NYC had a 2.7 ES. They do make them... they just aren't common.

Yes, but he should have gotten the 3.2 to pull all that stereo equipment around! :)
:p :D ;) :) :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts