DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I have a 98 3.2L and was wondering how to seafoam it properly. I saw the walkthrough for the first generation on the website, however, none for the second generation
I wanted to repeat this on my engine, however, I need help locating the following:
1-passenger side vacuum port for fuel injection system
2-drivers side vacuum port for fuel injection system
3-PCV valve hose
4-Brake booster hose
I found some images of pictures of the engines, however, the site would not let me post them. I would really appreciate a pictures with these parts pointed out so I don't screw this up.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,347 Posts
Why are you needing all those places? You should use the port where a small plastic elbow comes straight out of the top of the plenum just forward of the throttle body.

·
Registered
727 Posts
ive had 2 friend use that and then the cats died within a few months....

jeep charokee 4L
hyundai 02 sanata

cost them about 800 to get there smog systems going again.

id say leave it on the shelf, it meant for old enginges without cats.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
^Even I didn't know that (not really that surprising :biggrin:) I am glad you told me, that is coming right off of the list of thing to do to the Intrepid.

·
Registered
727 Posts
^Even I didn't know that (not really that surprising :biggrin:) I am glad you told me, that is coming right off of the list of thing to do to the Intrepid.
its a very refined petrolium some ether or something like that (dont quote me) but it disolves the solids and burns them off...into the exhaust.

i've herd about it working well but the internet is full of horror stories.
all that smoke coming out of the exhaust going through the cats cant be good for them..

·
Woober Goobers!
51,032 Posts
I call BS on the cats getting trashed!

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
I personally have done close to 300 of these,, cats will be fine as long as you dont run it thou the engine like its water,, , it needs to be dripped in,, slowly,, too many people hook a hose on the engine, then just pop the other end of the hose in the can , and say,, hey see the smoke?? dufas,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts