DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not all that important.. but it sometimes helps with my memory to remind me to put my seatbelt on.. lol.. I no longer get the ding.. ding.. ding.. ding chime.. What could be causing this? Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I never had one on my car. When did they start doing this with treps?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi,

The seatbelt chime is as far as I know standart in all BCMs, but some LH cars may be missing the switch at the seatbelt itself.

The seatbelt chime is a simple ground path switch right behind the trim between the 2 driver side doors which provides a ground signal to the BCM.

The ground switch is open with the seatbelt put on and closed with the belt retracted.->Closed ground path makes the BCM chime.

Maybe your switch is stuck in one position or your wire on the switch has come loose...
Just have a look behind that trim and check the wire...

Benny

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hmm...strange
Did you check the wire for continuity from the seatbelt right to the BCM?

If the wire is intact, maybe the ground path at the seatbelt switch itself is faulty.
There are no other components to check: Only the seatbelt switch at the belt itself and the wire to the BCM.As I said, the BCM receives a ground, nothing more.

Benny

·
Registered
505 Posts
OK,I had a look in my factory manual:
The connector on the seatbelt should have 2 terminals ,one for ground and one leading to the BCM.
The seatbelt switch closes the ground path if seatbelt is not fastened.

To test the connection between the BCM and the seatbelt,you ´d have to ground both terminals (actually only the one which leads to the BCM, but I don´t know which colors your wires have so just ground both...)

After you grounded the terminals of the connector, switch the ignition on (engine not running). If the connection is ok, you should hear the chime.

If you hear the chime I´d say your seatbelt switch is stuck or faulty...
Benny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts