DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, I swapped the driver and passenger seat cushions and backs in my 1996 Eagle Vision. Driver's side was starting to look worn. 120,000 miles will do that.

The seat belts are attached to the frames, so they have to remain. ie. drivers seat cannot just be shifted to passenger side. The tack has to stay on the drivers side.

I dissasembled both seats, and found that the cusions are identical. I moved the controls from driver's side seat to the passenger side (holes are already drilled in sheet metal.) Also, all holes for wiring for seat motor exists on both seats.

Hardest part was getting a few damn torx screws out of the seat bottoms. Rest was cake.

Go do it before your driver's seat looks any rattier !!!

A nice side note, was that the cushions in the seat (what was the passenger side) felt like a new seat, since it has far fewer butt miles than the old driver's side seat cushion.

Total time for me was about 1 hour, 30 mins. I also cleaned under the seats and cleaned the seating surfaces too.

Be aware that you will have to take the seat backs off too, but its really easy. One big torx bolt on each side.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Excellent idea for extending the life of those seats and keeping them looking nicer longer! :biggrin:

Y'all keep an eye on this young man. :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts