DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ! I'm looking to change my '97 Intrepid. I'm looking at another Intrepid but 2nd gen or a Sebring in the same years. Wich one would you choose and for what reasons ?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
gotta second the intrepid on an equivalent comparison.
(you know, mileage/cost/condition)
mpg difference is minimal (i've heard talk that the 2.7 gives better mileage in an intrepid than a sebring.)
intrepid is also just a larger more comfortable car.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,831 Posts
Intrepid over Sebring FTW!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had one here in Calgary, Alberta. It was great until the rear window exploded. $1000+ to fix was too rich for me. :(

Now I have my 300m. :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll get an Intrepid, easier to fix if there's a problem or have to change the water pump/timing chain and like you said guys, seems to have a better quality equipment in it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey I owned different Mopar cars.

2002 Stratus 2.4L, needed a new transmission 2 weeks after purchase... But I can't complain about this, I didn't know about ATX issues and maintenance requirements at the time and I din't pay attention to the fact the car was neglegted by its previous owner car. After that it ran great... Had some small issues but hey it's a Chrysler ^^

1999 and 2000 300M, waaaayyyy better than the Stratus (confort-wise). The engine bay makes it easy to work on the engine, timing belt is almost an easy job. I love my M :)

2000 Stratus 2.5L (1st gen)... Well... What the hell man! Did they hire penguins for the engineering part??? You know, the ones from the Madagascar movie? Maybe the Human Resources and Markettng teams at Chrysler/Mitsubishi HQ were like "Oh they look sooooo cute on this desk with this computer... Hey tonight let's make a Funy Animal movie and let's upload it on YouTube!"
And then this leaded to...
"How are we gonna fix this part over here?"
"Grit, spit, and a whole lotta duct tape"
You almost have to tear the engine bay apart to get to the timing belt!

==> Get a 300M or a 3.2/3.5 Intrepid :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3.5 intrepid for sale are really hard to find around here and 3.2 ... Don't even think about it ...

300m are a bit hard to find for the budget I have.

The only choice I have is a 2.7 Intrepid. I'll need to find one well maintenained and with no so much miles ( kilometers in my case ).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts