DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a local car rental company, and found out we'll be getting Sebring convertables next spring.
What's up? I thought ALL the LH's were done this year, Sebrings included.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Sebring convertible is based on the Stratus/Sebring sedan platform I think it is the JH or JX platform.. it is completely different, for one, the engine is mounted transverse , not longitudinal, and they use 4-cylinders as the base engine and the 2.7L as the option. they restyled the Sebrings in 2001 ,so they will probably be around for another year or two before they are changed (or dropped)..

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes they are made at a dirfferent factory...and transverse so until DC decides to change anything or drop the line...no one knows just yet...although this is basically the only car (higher class than a neon) that woman actually like by DC. Yet there is not enough out there as I feel for woman buyers as I know first hand from many of my clients and many other mechanic friends of mine for complaints...They are getting or are now a bigger influence buyers of what the guys were a few years ago were...TIMES CHANGE! But hope the best that DC sees these things soon...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

We recently received six new Sebrings, all four door hardtops.....but thought nothing of it since you can still find new '04's on the lot, including Intrepids. And I'd assumed Sebrings were axed the same time the Intrepids were....

These Sebrings all have the "Touring" package, and are equipped with the 2.7.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts