DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I fixed a recall myself.. would I get Reimbersed the money that I put into to fixing it...
I fixed the fuel rail myself.. since it was leaking gas.. and I am wondering if I can get the money for the parts and the labor back...
If yes. from whom.. A dealer, or the Dodge Corporation
Also.. does anyone have the phone # of Dodge Corporation.. their main number?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
no, you can only get money back if it is a recall item that was dealer fixed, here's the official DC statement on it

Pre-recall Repairs
If you've already had recall work done on your vehicle before you received the recall notification simply send your original paid receipt, after making a copy for your records, to the following address for review and reimbursement consideration:

DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center
P.O.Box 1040
St. Charles, MO 63302-9804
Attn: Recall Assistance.

That fax number is 314/940-2496; or you can call 1-800-992-1997 and follow the menu options to Recall Information.

You should also take your vehicle to your DaimlerChrysler dealer for a free inspection for the recall repair. It is possible that the recall may still need to be completed on the vehicle.

Document ID: SSCUB105515

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there is no posible way I can get my money back for the fuel rail I bought from a dodge dealer?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my dealer I annoyed the crap out of them... cuz in order to fix it.. they wanted to do a DIAGNOSTIC which woud run me bout 150... nd I said no.. and I know how they work.they say its not the problem and they just charge me.. but Il probably try a diffrent dealer though I have 2 in my area....

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
If the Intrepid is a 1st gen 3.5L (not sure if it applies to the 3.3L also) then the fuel rail fix is a recall. I've gotten a couple of letters in the mail telling me about it, and I'm gonna take it to the dealer on Friday to get it done. It sucks, because I just spent a couple of days replacing my intake manifold gasket, and now the fuel rails leak a small bit after the car has been sitting for a while. I didn't have the problem beforehand, so I never bothered with getting the recall performed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts