DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here has had the same problem that I'm having, or if someone can guess what some of them are. :confused:

As best I can remember it stated jerking a week ago when I had the plugs changed(just plugs not wirers, if thats relavent) Anyway I notice it most at idle or very low throttle but it could be happening in other ranges without my knowledge. The tach will jump then fall by as much as 250RPM or as slight as 50RPM in drive or reverse, I haven't noticed it in park but I don't spend that much time idleing in park. The most sever episode was the day I had the plugs changed, while in reverse it jerked hard, then had no power, then another hard jerk, after repeating this a few times the chech engine light came on. I had the car checked out and put on the diagnostic computer but everything came up fine (again).
The light hasn't come on again but it still jerks the same way exept it usually doesn't loose power completely between jerks as it did that time.
Lately my tranny has also started shifting eradically. The best way to describe it is to say its like driving with someone who is learning to drive a stick for the first time in a touchy sports car. Sometimes it takes a good 3 seconds to find a gear once a shift has began, other times it seems like its "poping the clutch" very hard bangs as it shifts, other times its flawless.

By the way I'm also the guy with the computer glitches(as previously posted) although they haven't been acting up lately, and I'm also the guy with the incredibly low gas milage(as previously posted) The plugs helped this a bit but I'm not getting nearly what I should and the car lacks the power it used to have. Sometimes its just a little sluggish others it seems as weak as I imagine a 3.3L would be.
(No offence intended to the 3.3L drivers but more than 50 fewer horses must be a big difference compared to a healthy 3.5L like I had a few months ago.)

I loved it so much when it worked that I really hate to say this but I think I'm going to have to sell it, unless I can find a way to fix it. :(
Most people say their car was built on a friday when they get a lemon but I think mine was built on the monday morning after Superbowl Sunday.

·
Registered
137 Posts
for some strange reason after reading this post, i was driving to play basketball and my car did the same thing, it was only once. it could be the wires and things that everyone else had said, im not exactly sure. anyways my car hasnt done it since that one time, and im hoping it doesnt:bigsmile:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Jerking!!

Mine does this too! When I turn a corner and depress the brake, then depress the accelerator my car is sluggish then all of a sudden it just jumps into a friendsy and goes? would love some answers! Thanx guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts