DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my wifehas been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them". I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi? I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from the local auto shop and try to repair it myself?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I would take it to a shop because if it's a good shop, they'll do a much better job than you ever will by yourself, but then again, using a shop will cost a lot more, your call if it's worth it to be a perfectionist or not.

·
Registered
603 Posts
if u didn't say "serious advice needed" i would have probably laughed a little with confusion because you changed the subject all of a sudden> but yea, definitely a good local shop.
isn't there a type of cover or liner they can apply to protect it?
good luck with everything
(check her cell phone when she goes in the shower and next time she says she's going out again, plan to be out somewhere so that she thinks you'll be arriving a little after she leaves, and then from a corner just follow her when she leaves. Take a camcorder or camera with you too. but hopefully you won't need it)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
damn dude, I'm really sorry to hear this. But if your gal is freaking out on you for checking her phone, something has to be up. No wife should EVER deny a simple privelege as that. After all, you married this woman, shouldn't you be entitled to know what is going on? I would do everything in my power to find out what is going on. I may not be a pro on marriage, but I have been with my girlfriend for near four years, and I know that I would probably research myself or hire someone to do it for me. About the car, its the best LHS I've seen on this site to date, so take care of it however you have to. Good luck.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It was a joke, I've seen it posted elsewhere before. I thought it was pretty obvious, so what's funnier than the joke is you guys believing it !! haha

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
virtueixi said:
It was a joke, I've seen it posted elsewhere before. I thought it was pretty obvious, so what's funnier than the joke is you guys believing it !! haha
What's funnier is when I press the Negative Reputation button and points go zooming down. :behead:

Just kidding :frenzy:

·
Registered
498 Posts
dakotaquadsport said:
What's funnier is when I press the Negative Reputation button and points go zooming down. :behead:

Just kidding :frenzy:
What's even funnier than that is telling someone to hire a private investigator to spy on his cheating wife and in the next sentence telling them to take their car to the body shop. lolol I kid I kid. :gross_07:

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
the best part is that about half of the replies to this thread are serious. You guys are fools... lol. Great stuff!!!

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
the best part is that about half of the replies to this thread are serious. You guys are fools... lol. Great stuff!!!
Not really, because I havent seen anything like that before. And it's not uncommon for wives to start cheating on husbands. I thought I would offer some advice and obvously was dooped. I'll keep that in mind when trying to help people in the future.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
MAN I OWE THAT MAN A DRINK, were u wanna meet up, my treat

best laugh ever, i was wondering, i knew u werent serious but if so, DONT TELL PEOPLE UR PERSONAL BUISNESS MAN, just sounds weird

ALi

·
Registered
34 Posts
That was just funny

I had heard the story before, but it wasn't rust on a car that was the twist. Funny....very funny, it had me going 'till the end.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
nice story, and guys there isnint anything wrong with being a caring person and helping a fellow board member with advice, so lay off the bashin!!!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Realistic tale! Been through that episode,almost word for word...except my ex "stayed with a 'girlfriend' who had a jacuzzi, because it was a long commute between cities, and her back was killing her... Yeah, I bought it- I WANTED to believe her.
"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now..."
Take Ollie North's advice: "When faced with an unwinnable situation, minimize your
losses." And leave no records...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts