DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have SWORE I had my Spepertine Belt replaced at a Dodge dealership, turns out the original was STILL on their cracked to all hell. My mechanic put goodyear belt on it & dam it feels smoother then it ever did brand new & sounds quieter. Goodyear precuts slits in the belt to prevent dry rot.

Also aftermarket struts are about to come out FINALLY. I don't have the brand but I can find out if anyone is interested. Problem is for an ES their still $250 a piece.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
How much did getting new belts (serpentine and accesory) cost? I had my Dodge dealer put on new Mopar belts and it was $90

·
Registered
207 Posts
i got dayco belts, the belt is grooved as any belt would be but also has slits like the above mentioned goodyear ones every 1/2" or so vertically. my belts (a/c & serp.) cost me 30 bucks n 20 to get installed.
CDN $ of course so for you guys in the states that would work out to about ohhhhh
a buck fifty (curses the CDN dollar)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm buds with the mechanic so I got a good deal on the belt.

Now for the struts, oh sweet boneless christ!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
thankfully mine were replace about 8 months ago so i dont have to buy new ones before i trade it in...*wipes sweat off forehead*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts