DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there,

i have a question about what service bulletins are. are they a recall that i can claim at the dealer and get fixed free of charge?

page i found my info at

see how there are three sections: safety recalls, emissions recalls, SERVICE BULLETINS.

i guess my question is can i bring the three pages down to the dealer and have them look over my car and have the broken stuff fixed, free of charge?

thanks...i know, i'm cheap, i also don't have money laying around.

·
Registered
638 Posts
To my knowledge only the recall stuff will be fixed for free. My service advisor at Chrysler tells me that the service bulletins are to give the technicians a heads up on common problems; cuts down on the diagnostic time. It also makes them aware of changes and/or additions made to the the way the vehicles are serviced.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok what about the program flashes ? what are those

·
Registered
638 Posts
Updated software for your PCM. Your PCM can be updated with new software that is supposed to either fix a problem or in some cases, improve over the old software.

The recall for your car might be the emissions one that came out a while ago. Some people were having problems passing emissions tests and it was found that it was the PCM messing up. The recall was to correct this.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh... thanks man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts