DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I need to bust on myself.

Went to downtown Norfolk to get my Brother with the kids. On the way out, I noticed a distinct thump that was wheel speed related. Pulled over into a strip mall parking lot, got a screw head sticking out. Decided to change the tire due to a 10 mile expressway trip home.

Change the tire using the factory jack, I DID see the label on the jack to set parking brake and ignored it.

When tightening the lug nuts for the spare, either the kids or the dog shifted weight in the car, it rolled backwards and the jack fell down. luckily the spare was on and the car landed firmly on all four wheels. The jack didn't get twisted up nor did it pop out at me.

Therefore....

SET YOUR PARKING BRAKE WHEN CHANGING THE TIRE!!!!!

So, YES, I did bust on myself.

Late!

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Yes, I need to bust on myself.

Went to downtown Norfolk to get my Brother with the kids. On the way out, I noticed a distinct thump that was wheel speed related. Pulled over into a strip mall parking lot, got a screw head sticking out. Decided to change the tire due to a 10 mile expressway trip home.

Change the tire using the factory jack, I DID see the label on the jack to set parking brake and ignored it.

When tightening the lug nuts for the spare, either the kids or the dog shifted weight in the car, it rolled backwards and the jack fell down. luckily the spare was on and the car landed firmly on all four wheels. The jack didn't get twisted up nor did it pop out at me.

Therefore....

SET YOUR PARKING BRAKE WHEN CHANGING THE TIRE!!!!!

So, YES, I did bust on myself.

Late!
:facepalm:mad: Chris

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
was this the Intrepid? or that mini van thing you baught?

·
Registered
715 Posts
i forgot once, dropped the car down on the rotor. thankfully nothing got damaged, but i had to go get a floor jack to pick the car back up. looked like an idiot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts