DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seams like my airbag, cruse control, taillights, horn and blinkers all stopped working simultaneously...

checked fuses and relays.

I'm thinking the bcm is bad, as my left turn signal was having issues before the motor swap, and the car has been sitting for almost 5 years while getting the stroker built.

id like to put in a 300m special dash I pulled. (and the rest of the wiring from the special, I pulled it all) but don't want to use the skim module. so I'm thinking a bcm from a regular trep,300, 'corde.

will this work like I'm thinking?
can dodge program a skim key without the car driving in? (lol)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know the break lights work because when I use the clicker the taillights flash. I'm thinking the prior owner putting in an alarm system caused the problem. I have electrical tape galore under the dash, devastated wires all over. kind of why I'm thinking to replace the dash... ill let the professionals reinstall the remote start, car alarm.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,026 Posts
It's the parking lights that flash when using the RKE FOB not the brake lights. So tail lights are OK.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,026 Posts
All the items you describe as not working are on different circuits without any fuses related to each other. Could very well be the dash wiring is trashed.

The air bag and hazard signals share a common fuse/circuit.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the items you describe as not working are on different circuits without any fuses related to each other. Could very well be the dash wiring is trashed.

The air bag and hazard signals share a common fuse/circuit.
the wiring is definitely suspect.when I click lock or unlock on the fob I see both sets of lights go off, parking and break lights. I have LED bulb in the breaks so it makes a weird blink one light than the other.

I also forgot to mention when I turn on the headlights the turn signals are both solid on.

so ronbo. you think I can just swap dashes and keep the bcm? will I run into issues with the skim module not being plugged in? I have the skim module, the special's BCM and PCM...

option 2. just replace pcm, bcm, dash and tow the car to a dealer for programming.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,026 Posts
There isn't any difference between a Special BCM and the Standard 300M BCM.

Supposedly the BCM doesn't contain any of the Security Features regarding SKIM but I never got a definitive answer on that. The PCM will be the main component for Security Features. It'll poll the SKIM module to make sure all is good.

If you have a PCM in there now that's NOT SKIM enabled then the BCM swap supposedly won't do anything. However it seems your issue is more hacked wiring than a BCM problem. So any "Premium" BCM for your year car should work fine. All models 300M have a "Premium" BCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts