DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing better then getting off of work and walking out to your car and having the door already opened for you. its open because some bastrad thinks he's cool and stole all my ****!
my radio my cds, subs, and amp all gone. i called the cops and it takes them 30 minutes to get there and they can only get one finger print.
so all in all about 800 to 900 dollars with of stuff gone. time to hit the pawn shops around town now to see if any of it gets turned in to one.

·
Registered
530 Posts
****ed up man.. sorry to hear that........... insurance going to cover it?

·
Registered
844 Posts
damn that sucks man :(

but at least they left the car there!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
insurance more or less wont cover it since it happened in the mall parking lot and i dont have theft insurance, and no alarm either.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
lucifertheintrepid said:
insurance more or less wont cover it since it happened in the mall parking lot and i dont have theft insurance, and no alarm either.
Doesn't really matter where it happend. But, you said you don't have theft insurance.

This completely sucks, but personally I have no sympathy for people who spend hundreds of dollars on a stereo system and what-not but can't seem to find that extra hundred for a basic alarm.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey , not to try and start anything here, but thanks alot DICK for the 100 dollars on an alarm comment. i never wanted an alarm to begin with because now and days they are worthless.
case in point when is the last time that you heard a car alarm going off in a big parking lot and ran over to the car to see what was happening. if your like everyone else you simple think damn turn the stupid alarm off. no one pays attention anymore to car alarms because they go off everyday.
so yeah good luck on thinking your alarm is going to save your audio system, they will probably steal it too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Warlord187 said:

And the ratio of those to stupid people are......
well seeing how there were barely any signs of how they got in my car and the cops only got one finger print off of the car, the ***** must of knowen what he was doing so it doesnt matter because you dont know who is going to break in your car.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
lucifertheintrepid said:
hey , not to try and start anything here, but thanks alot DICK for the 100 dollars on an alarm comment.
Ummmmmm......ok than. If you really didn't want to start ****, you wouldn't have called me a DICK. Try again.

i never wanted an alarm to begin with because now and days they are worthless.
case in point when is the last time that you heard a car alarm going off in a big parking lot and ran over to the car to see what was happening. if your like everyone else you simple think damn turn the stupid alarm off. no one pays attention anymore to car alarms because they go off everyday.
so yeah good luck on thinking your alarm is going to save your audio system, they will probably steal it too
Actually, I at least look over to see if someone is trying to break into a car or not.

The average theif wouldn't take a chance on trying to steal your **** with the car alarm blarring. I can understand that a car alarm isn't going to protect against someone from breaking your window and grabbing whatever is on your seat, but more time consuming things such as breaking into your trunk and grabbing your stereo stuff (especially if your stereo stuff is secured) the car alarm offers a lot better protection than nothing at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry about the dick comment but its not very smart to tell someone that just lost alot of valueable stuff that you have no sympathy for them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know how it feel when you get your **** taking. It happen to me twice out of my intrepid

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Alarms MIGHT help, only to deter amatuers. A truely good car thief (stereos too) will have your alarm disabled within seconds. Most get mounted right under the dash or underneath the drivers seat and can farely simply be torn out, and boom no more alarm siren. I think thieves are some of the lowest forms of life on this planet, somewhere between a cockroach and doosh. Fingerprinting is overly glamorized, one most people aren't on file. And it's very hard to get a useable print, plus I don't think it was very smart to let them dust your car, talcum is a ***** to get cleaned up. Just becareful you don't sneeze while you're doing it because you'll have to start ALL OVER. Chances are it was probably some kid, so prints are pretty hopeless. But you could always hope for the best I suppose. P.S. this guy or kid isn't a true pro, he would've been smart enough to wear something called GLOVES. You should be happy you don't live in a big city like Omaha because they'd basically do nothing, except take a report over the phone. Did you have the serial numbers off your stuff? If you didn't you should next time because that is the only way you can prove it is yours.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
lucifertheintrepid said:
sorry about the dick comment but its not very smart to tell someone that just lost alot of valueable stuff that you have no sympathy for them.
And what's not "smart" about it?

Sorry, but no alarm and no theft insurance tells me you really don't care about your ****, so why should I.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
How were your amps mounted? I have Fosgates... and in order to pull my amps out... you have to actually take off the side covers of the amp with a torx and then unscrew them from the sidewalls. I like having that "extra step" to take to get the amps off.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I always have to bring this story up. A few years back my sister had her amp and subs stolen (no alarm) right from my parents driveway. Obviously these people were dumb. The RCA cables are just pushed into the amp to connect them. The speaker wires, power wire, ground wire, and remote lead are mounted on the amp my set screws. Pretty typical amp setup. So why were these people obviously dumb? They took the time to unscrew all the wires, but they cut the RCA cables. I can't think about it because a vein will burst or something over the extreme thought of trying to figure out WTF.

:crazy:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
DjPiLL said:
How were your amps mounted? I have Fosgates... and in order to pull my amps out... you have to actually take off the side covers of the amp with a torx and then unscrew them from the sidewalls. I like having that "extra step" to take to get the amps off.
10 fingers and I swift tug would be all that is needed to remove your amp, I guarantee you with that thin sheet metal those screws wouldn't hold to much. If not by hand it could be removed with a pry bar rather quickly.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Jer_BEAR_bluez said:
10 fingers and I swift tug would be all that is needed to remove your amp, I guarantee you with that thin sheet metal those screws wouldn't hold to much. If not by hand it could be removed with a pry bar rather quickly.
Yeah I suppose. Oh well... i guess all you can do is just hope for the best.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Warlord187 said:

And what's not "smart" about it?

Sorry, but no alarm and no theft insurance tells me you really don't care about your ****, so why should I.
damn dude i was saying sorry for calling you a dick and all you can do is continue to trash me? i dont know what the deal is but i care about my car and my stuff but oh no my car doesnt haven an alarm, i bought it used so i didnt make the option of not getting one on it to start, and i personally feel alarms are useless today. as for insurance it is already high enough and to add another way for the company to get more money off of me isnt on my priority list. im 19 years old and work in a mall, in other words i dont make much money.
im sorry you have something aganst people that dont have alarms and all this other stuff but damn i was saying im sorry for calling you something

1 - 20 of 31 Posts