DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here so cut me some slack. Anyway I have a 2000 dodge intrepid and when I turn the key It shakes. Then after its running it still shakes. About 5 seconds later it stops shaking and runs fine. Im thinking its the spark plugs and air filter. I wanted a second opinion. Im not a mechanic yet. Although im working on it. Any feed back would help thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im gona try that.

Yea I figured that would be the reason why. If that dosent work I will be back. Thanks a bunch. :fun_84:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Does it just shake or does it make a "growling" noise at the same time?
How may miles on the car?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not really

I havent heard the growling. It just has a vibration when you start it in the morning. The warmer the temp outside the worse it shakes. It has the 2.7 as you know. It has almost 100,000 miles. (Thanking the lord, that it made it this far, in the process of typing.) When I bought it it had 40,000 or so miles. I had to change one of my coils, timing chain, and the normal stuff. ( Spark plugs, air filter, belts.) Other than that I try not to run the crap out of it. :dj:

P

·
0 Posts
i had similar to the same problem only worse on my 93 intrepid..i changed the air filter and spark plugs and battery cables and not it no longer idles...so try that...or better yet take it into a shop and have them check it out...tell them exactly what your car is doing and when it does it,...hope this helps

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took it to a friend of mine, because my check engine light came on, and he put it on the computer and it came up that one of my coils were mis firing. I got a new one and put it on. While I was at it I went ahead and gave it a tune up. Its a whole lot better. After almost $150 later, It runs great now!!!! Thanks for your help guys!!!! I will be back to ask again. My sister is hard on a car and she wants a 300m. I will be checking back with you sooner or later. :bouncgrin :biggrin: :bouncgrin

·
Registered
117 Posts
my 2.7 did the same. felt like it was only on 5 cylinders. after 30 seconds or less it would smooth out. i did a spark plug change and havent had it since. i did notice it only happened when i drove the car without the engine reaching max temp, then let it completely cool, then start up with shudder would happen.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I had the same problem, changed the plugs, "seems" to have solved it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I havent had a problem since i spent about 400 dollars in that damn car. I had the engine flush, spark plug change, and all the litle stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts