DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this ladies and gentlemen is Shelby Can Am block # 50 (all original)

And where Devan and I respect the historical value, Clearly Shelby Parts would be much much more useful on our cars.:highfive:

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
sweetness!! anything wrong with it?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Parts of this engine will be installed in my car and parts will be installed in Devan's car. The meticulous dissection of this engine will tell us more about performance in our engines that years of research ever has.

There's nothing "wrong" with it, except for sitting around in storage for a while and having a part or two missing.

Devan knows the right people, and I know Devan ...so I get some goodies by default :whistle:

This engine was listed as 255hp but they have been dynoed at 340hp

You can see an original can am in the background of that first pic...

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
WOW!!! That is quite a score there!!!

The heads on it I'm thinking are really the only 'special' item other than the intake and the ECM though, right? Sure, it is probably a dry sump oil system, and the short block is probably balanced and blue printed better than anything else - but isn't 90% of the performance of those engines wrapped up in the intake and special programing?

EDIT: Forged crank, heavier rods, and higher compression ratio... Is the compression ratio from milled heads, or from special pistons? The forged crank and heavy duty rods wouldn't add power, but would ad power handling... so a good base to add more goodies to...

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
WOW!!! That is quite a score there!!!

The heads on it I'm thinking are really the only 'special' item other than the intake and the ECM though, right? Sure, it is probably a dry sump oil system, and the short block is probably balanced and blue printed better than anything else - but isn't 90% of the performance of those engines wrapped up in the intake and special programing?

EDIT: Forged crank, heavier rods, and higher compression ratio... Is the compression ratio from milled heads, or from special pistons? The forged crank and heavy duty rods wouldn't add power, but would ad power handling... so a good base to add more goodies to...
no special programing needed for them a pcm from a Dynasty could push the engine......the cranks in those are very simaliar to the ones found in the 3.5 motors of the 2 gen lh's and compression on them babies are at 11:1 Mahle forged pistons.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts