DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i was going for a run, i had just bought a brand new pair of reeboxs and wanted to take them for spin, so i lace em up tight and pump them till they are the perfect air/foot ratio is reached. so i start running and a few minutes later i come to a light, and i see carol shelby in a brand new Shelby Cobra it is red with white stripes, and it looks sweeet! he looks at me like he wants some so i give him a nod and he revs. i get in position and the light changes. i got him outta the hole by about two cars, and stayed that way till third. at that point he started to catch up to me, but that is when i could really felt my new bodyarmor shirt taking effect, because i got back in my stance and fended him off and pulled him by 4 cars till 120. we come to the next light and hes like man your fast, and i said thanks and told him about my setup. he said i might run into his neighbor who he lent a pre production gt 500 to for the weekend. also he said he let his pastor and a ole college buddy have one too. he seemed like a great guy. so all of a sudden out of no where a Intrepid RT comes up. this thing is nice!!! still has the temp tag on it. carol looks and him like he cant take me, but he ignores his advice. we wait for the light and once again im off, keep in mind this is with no cool down time or ice, take him out of the hole and pull him all the way to 140 just to rub it in. just wanted to share my story. Have a good one guys.

P.S. i dont want to see the b.s. flags either i worked really hard for the mod money and i won the races fair and square dont hate. The tune on the reebox was a ***** to dial in right.

:icon_surp :icon_surp :icon_surp :icon_surp :icon_surp

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Ok now how about getting back on your medication.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dude, I cannot quit laughing at this one!

Seriously, do you really think the bodyarmor shirt makes that much of a difference? I'm currently using Hanes Beefy-T but have been wondering if the upgrade was really worth it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have come to a realization...young people who buy fast cars spend money to make up for there lack of mechanical inclinations, only to be out performed by a young ambitious car enthusiest who isn't afraid to turn some bolts.

Personally I get much satisfaction owning fast cars with a generic daily driver. I am not a fan of ricers, but maybe 1 in 20 will actually be built by somebody who knows what they are doing and have a really fast car. That road is a little to expensive for me, no replacement for displacement.

·
Registered
510 Posts
WhiteHawk said:
I am not a fan of ricers, but maybe 1 in 20 will actually be built by somebody who knows what they are doing and have a really fast car. That road is a little to expensive for me, no replacement for displacement.
I'm with you on this one WhiteHawk

lol and 00r/t.mopar.muscle

I just dont know what to think...

·
Registered
176 Posts
primetime said:
i lace em up tight and pump them till they are the perfect air/foot ratio is reached.
I think may be laced a little too tight...or the "air/foot ratio" wasn't as perfect as first thought...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey I won this race fair and square guys.

LOL, seriously though the point of this thread is to poke fun at some of the kill stories that I've been reading as of late. (not necessarly on this board) All I hear about is how some kid in a WRX with a turbo braggin about how he "killed" his friends low 10 sec 1/4 mile 02 cammero SS on a public city street as he out ran the cops afterwards. **** is starting to get out of control.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
lol this takes the cake shelby VS A INTREPID..... haha wow, 2.7 cobra haha wow imma go take my car to the track tonight and try to race that 8 sec supra down there

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ohhhh... You mean something like...

Ok, last night i was in my Mom's heavily modded Nash Metropolitan. I'm sitting at a stop light and I'm 3 cars back behind a '70 Hemi Superbird. The light turns green and I weave my way through the traffic (upgraded suspension on the Nash, I welded on sway bars) the Nash handling like a dream! I catch the Bird and pull along side, goosing the gas lifting the front end and nail the pedal burying the speed-o (which is broke and stays buried anyway) leaving the Bird in the oil rich exhaust pluming from the .75" inch exhuast of the Nash (up from the .5" original tail pipe...I replaced the exhaust with one from a 1968 Toro lawn mower).

I'm pressed in the seat of the Nash with the force of a broken rubber band as I fly down Broad Street doing at least 40 in the 45 zone before having to brake for the next stop light 2/3 of a mile away. I nail the brakes as the wheel shakes like a wet dog in my hands slowing the Nash to a metal on metal screaching rest.

Panting like a scared second grader running from the school bully to keep my milk money I look around for the Bird. There, up ahead, 2 lights down it sits at another stop light. When did it pass me? I had it! After nearly 3 hours of pursuing the Bird stop light to stop light I'm finally lined up again, next to it this time...should be a much easier "kill" I think.

Watching the light click from green to yellow to the traffic on my left I slam the tiny flimsy pedal of the Nash to the floor (denting the floor board yet again...Man, Mom is gonna blister me good for that!). Teeth gritted in determination I focus all my attention on the empty street ahead of me (well at 3 a.m. Broad is deserted, if only I could have gotten beside the Bird a few hours earlier!). My grib on the wheel is death like, my knuckles white. I hear something off to my left, the occupants of the Bird are a dark outline in the thick fog of burning oil billowing out of the upgraded Nash exhaust, what's that sound? Crying! They're crying...I'm embarrassing them and their fragile pride is broken! The Bird is down! The Nash is moving! The throaty growl of the 426 at idle is not enough to drown out the gurgle of the mighty Nash as it peels forward sounding like a rabid rabbit reverberating through a crumpled toilet paper spool. 17 minutes later at the next light I come to a screeching, shuddering, wounded stop again next to the Bird. How, I wonder, when did it pass me again? Looking over eye to eye with the door handle of the mighty Mopar I look up into the glassy eyes of the passenger. He...He's CRYING! Tears stream from his eyes as the Nash wheezes tiredly quivering from the near torturous abuse in order to hold off the powerhouse Plymouth!

Wedging myself out of the window I triumphantly scream, "That's right! This baby's got a Hammy in it!" as I guide the trusty Nash wobbling down the road. In the rearview mirror I can see the distraught parasites infesting the Bird throw themselves form the car and onto the black top, kicking and screaming from the agony of defeat they thrash wildly in the middle of Richmond's main street! Their sobs reach my ears as I taunt them with the chant of "Hammy takes the Hemi, Hammy takes the Hemi!"

As I head home I can hear them still over the faint, scratching, static of the 1970 Ford am radio I have hooked to an old car battery in the pass floor board (didn't want to modify the dash to fit the radio in). Funny, I think, if I didn't KNOW that I had battered and broken their fragile egos I would swear they were laughing instead of crying! Maybe their defeat was too great and they snapped. Yeah that must be it! I broke their spirit! Y'all shoulda seen it!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I've been to Richmond many times and there is no way in HELL you can go 40 on Broad Street LMAO. Too much construction and stop lights lol..

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
damn you have rebook. i was using vans when i went up against the new vette idk what happen but after i was done beating him the rubber on my vans were gone:)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
WorrafRic said:
Ohhhh... You mean something like...

Ok, last night i was in my Mom's heavily modded Nash Metropolitan...
Does this make anybody else think of the oldies song "Beep Beep" by The Playmates?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Vegas Trep 00 said:
lol this takes the cake shelby VS A INTREPID..... haha wow, 2.7 cobra haha wow imma go take my car to the track tonight and try to race that 8 sec supra down there

where did the intrepid part come in?

He was on FOOT man.. FOOT.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
WorrafRic said:
I think may be laced a little too tight...or the "air/foot ratio" wasn't as perfect as first thought...
The air/head ratio was dead nuts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts