DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 96 trep and while charging voltage should be between 13 and 15 mine is between 15 and 20v. also, with the key off there is a steady 1.5A being drawn from somewhere. what pin @ the pcm is the regulator (DG wire i think)? could the overcharging be the alt?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I believe that the regulator is internal to the PCM/ECU.It looks at more than just load to determine output of the regulator.
Probably have to replace the ECU.
just a guess-I can't get into the FSM schematics right now...

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
either the ecm or its grounding out somewhere,, since chrysler dont have a regulator per say,, its all controled by the ecm,, i think its a tan wire but cant for the life of me remember the pin number

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
pin #20

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok the EATX shutdown relay energizes whenever the battery is first hooked up with the keys out of the ignition. what is the control on that circuit and whats its purpose? i cant find it in my schematics.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
EATX supplies power to the transmission , the PCM will de-energize it when it senses a trans problem and will put the trans in "limp in" mode.
If your charging system voltage is too high, you should be getting fault code #46. If so try this trouble shooting guide , it's from a '94 FSM and should apply to your '96. The circuit refered to as A142 is the DG/OR* wire at generator this gets battery voltage from the ignition switch through the ASD . the same circuit provides power to the injectors and ignition coil pack. The circuit refered to as K20 is DG and goes to pin #20 of the PCM.

Reactions: MPR14CW
1 - 12 of 12 Posts