DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my base 98 Intrepid a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that there seems to be a lot less out there with the shifter on the column. Was this just an option that didn't take off or what? Granted, it is nice to have the room for a 6th person. But still, I'm curious.

-Jared

·
Registered
30 Posts
Actually, my dealer (Lamarque Dodge -- largest dealer in 5 states supposedly) had 18 2002 base intrepids when i bought mine. 15 or so were column shifters! I said sorry no way, I didn't want a granny shifter ;) hehe.

btw you can only get the column shifter on the SE/base model. Although it might have changed for 2002 since ES's dont have AutoStick standard anymore.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yup only base cars get column shifters, ES & RT get floor shifters. But if you order a police car you get 3.5 H.O with a colum shift .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not too worried about the rear a/c or heat. The a/c unit int he car makes it feel like an ice-bax with no trouble. And that's in South Florida.

What shifter are you talking about?

Now I'm trying to plan out what kinda mods to do on this beast. I'm doing the stereo in pieces now. Then probably rims.

-Jared

·
Registered
30 Posts
the heat and A/C airflow comes from vents under the seats on models with column shifters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts