DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body know what kind of shifter boots(like leather)
are out there for the 1st gens and where i could get one?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I know my '94 doesn't have a "boot". It's just these little plastic sliding pieces (which break easily).

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
One of them was broken when I bought the car. After pulling the shifter back and forth how many times during the last 6 months a couple more have cracked and don't really slide anymore.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I put one of those Pep-Boys leather shifters on my '94 Concorde (same center console) I had to remove the sliding peices (Mine broke too). Then I hot glued the bottom of the boot to the underside of the console, looks pretty good too. I also put in a custom shifter in too.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
that shifter is lookin sweet man.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That is a nice looking shifter. How much was it and how hard was it to install?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some of mine broke too, thats why i wanted one of those leather ones. that looks sweet, its exactly what i wanted to do.

·
Registered
169 Posts
it cost about $20 at Pep-Boys, were not talking top quality leather here, but its pretty good. Its a universal fit shifter that has an elastic cord on the top and bottom. To make it stretch out to fit the long shifter I had to cut the cord in a few places. Then I ripped out the old shifter cover and hot glued the shifter to the bottom of the console, it worked pretty good. I also used a shifter knob for a manual transmission and modified it to work on an automatic, all you do is push it down to move it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts