DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, has anyone replaced the shifter cable only to find the shifter itself is damaged too?

·
Premium Member
17,332 Posts
Just curious, has anyone replaced the shifter cable only to find the shifter itself is damaged too?
I drove my '99 for a couple of years with a tight cable - the pivot pin for the shifter eventually broke from the extra stress. Was your cable tight for a while? What exactly is damaged in your shifter?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove my '99 for a couple of years with a tight cable - the pivot pin for the shifter eventually broke from the extra stress. Was your cable tight for a while? What exactly is damaged in your shifter?
This is on the '03 that I just bought, so there is no real history. I knew the shifter was goofy when I bought it so I just figured it was the cable. It actually looks like someone, a towtruck driver maybe, yanked it out of park or something like that. The travel was way off... couldn't get to Low and had to bump it into park Before the cable which was bad, and now, after the cable. Time for a shifter.:spiders:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
If you need another shifter assembly I have 2 autostick ones (with wire plug so it can be added to a non-AS car) that are laying around I will let go cheap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you need another shifter assembly I have 2 autostick ones (with wire plug so it can be added to a non-AS car) that are laying around I will let go cheap.
Thanks micholob
I was thinking about just switching to an AS and just getting the other parts to switch it, but I found one around here and the problem is solved for now. If I do the AS changeover, I will be contacting you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts