DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to change the shifter. Mine is all beat up and...well it just sucks..

Know of any good aftermarket ones or do I have to get a new one professionally installed??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
the shifter can be changed in about 10 seconds, put the shifter as far back as you can (L or A/S) and you will see a small allen head screw on the front just under the button, loosen this and pull the shift knob right out

there have been a lot of good priced OEM leather ones for sale here lately, just keep your eyes open
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
dman248 said:
How hard is it to change the shifter. Mine is all beat up and...well it just sucks..

Know of any good aftermarket ones or do I have to get a new one professionally installed??
I have a carbon fiber shifter sitting in my drawer. I could sell u that. Let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's black carbon filter and works with auto-stick I will buy it.....for a good price. Mine is ****, it's all messed up, I need a new one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
Here's a pic of it: Not sure if it will work with trep's with a/s. My trep doesn't have a/s so I wouldn't know. (Working on that project)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How simple should the change be. Can I just by a shifter online and remove the one on now or will I have to worry because of the autostick??

ANy help would be appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
there is a local rice/accessory shop near school they have the coolest shifters I have a brushed alum. one and I get the comment like "i didnt know intrepids came stick shift"!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
Hey crombie have you ever installed that shifter in your trep? The reason i ask if you can shift out of park you are set because autostick is just moving the lever from side to side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
elboricua75 said:
Hey crombie have you ever installed that shifter in your trep? The reason i ask if you can shift out of park you are set because autostick is just moving the lever from side to side.
Yes that shifter pictured was installed in my trep... nothing is wrong with it, I had bought the Treptech shifter, then my current Spoon shifter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
crombie said:
Yes that shifter pictured was installed in my trep... nothing is wrong with it, I had bought the Treptech shifter, then my current Spoon shifter.
That shifter will work fine with autostick or any LH shifter.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top