DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I would like to know if I shift to "N" when I am waiting a traffic light will do any harm to my transmission? Thanks.

Cheers,
Bowen
94' Eagle Vision ESi w/ 170200kms

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems that when I put it to "N", the car will not shake when the car has came fully stop.

Cheers,
Bowen

·
Registered
241 Posts
Your car shouldn't shake in the first place. Then again with that millage it just might...

Shaking is generaly a sign of a misfiring cylinder.

Do a ghetto tuneing check. Put it in park start it up and see if the engine vibrates "hard". (Just start it cold and put your hand on it) You can generaly feel an odd bounce if a cylinder is misfiring.

If your engine is perfectly tuned you should be able to balance a coin on it. (That's the ideal scenario, as in brand new car)

·
Registered
564 Posts
bowen said:
Hey guys,

I would like to know if I shift to "N" when I am waiting a traffic light will do any harm to my transmission? Thanks.

Cheers,
Bowen
no but you should have it scanned maybe tune it..those rims look good on your car

·
Registered
638 Posts
bowen said:
It seems that when I put it to "N", the car will not shake when the car has came fully stop.
Shaking at idle can also be an indication of a clogged IAC valve. Are the RPMs erratic when you're idling? EvilDeadFan wrote up a great How-To for cleaning the IAC. Here's the link. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, first of all, thanks for all of you answering my question. Actually, my Vision doesn't shake at idle. But it just seems that when I put it to "N", my Vision stable and silent just like the car hasn't started up yet.

Cheers,
Bowen

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts