DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone out there in mopar land can help me with a problem I am having with my trep?

1. At low speeds front end wobbles really bad
2. when accelerating pulls hard to the right
3. tires are wearing bad on outside of the leading edge
4. vibrates excessivly through all speeds

Any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
When the steering wheel wobbles at low speeds, does it wobble really bad and can you feel a metal knock in the steering wheel? If so, my guess would be your inner tierod bushings are shot. Happened to my 97 last year. Heed sky's advice as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I was leaning towards the inner tierod also, got a price quote for 50 bones does that sound resonable. It was form Big-A and is a moog part

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, should I buy just the bushings, or the entire tie rod? Is it a real pain to install the bushings onto the tie rod?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I only changed the bushings on mine. Was less than $10 if I remember right. Pretty self-explanatory if you look at the center of the steering rack where the tierods connect. Those are the bushings that I replaced. They're a pain in the ass to get to and replace though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
azgearpro said:
does anyone out there in mopar land can help me with a problem I am having with my trep?

1. At low speeds front end wobbles really bad
2. when accelerating pulls hard to the right
3. tires are wearing bad on outside of the leading edge
4. vibrates excessivly through all speeds

Any ideas? thanks

I had similar symptoms for a gew months, dealership wanted to do the struts and tierods on both sides, took it to the frame shop, t was just the right tie rod.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well fellas, I found out at least part of my problem, I was heading to work this morning and noticed the faster I drive the smoother the car become. I ended up cruising at 90 mph the car was running real smooth at this speed. All the sudden click click boom my passanger front tire let loose :crazy: , and I have 3 swirved lanes to prove it,
Just wanted to tell all you that have helped me with solveing this problem thank you. I am still going to have the fromt end alighned.
I did check the tires out for bulging but the bulge was on the inside were I coudnt see it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts