DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so I finally got some pictures of my car and wanted to share them with you. Its not much, but i love her.
PS I had just finished washing her that's why she's all pretty :)

INTRO:
1997 3.5 Island Teal Chrysler Intrepid Sport Edition
Passed down from my mom to me October 28th 2005. Our 1 year anniversary is coming up soon.

All the views

Misc Views

Interior

CD Deck, only modification

Trunk

Couple of 10"
Amp hidden on the back left...not very well

Under the Hood

I did a De-greasing on it. Looks better than before:p
For now, its just the cone that i have put on.

Well there she is.
Comments, Feedback, Thoughts, Suggestions; all very welcome

-Ryan

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! Get some degreaser under that hood! Spray it on, let it sit for a min, scrub, and rinse. A day's worth of work goes a Long ways. The rest of your car is just too purty to have such a dirty engine.

I'm going to change the script on my trunk to say "Chrysler" like yours, just to see how many people notice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah i am going to do the engine today. I just gotta find a place to rinse it off. I don't want to leave my driveway a mess

EDIT: What parts under the hood do i need to cover with plastic bags?
(Intake, distributor cap...)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i dunno anything about cleaning engines, but very very clean car otherwise man!!
looks mint!
your mom kept it in real nice shape!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Plastic bags? Nothing. Just dont spray water directly on any electrical connections. Remember that everything under there is water resistant so its not big a deal to rinse everything. Just dont go overboard and if you are afraid of anything burning up just let it sit for a while.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
One nice Trep you have there! But yeah car is so nice to have a dirty engine, gotta shine her up for us.

I have been using CD2 engine detailing spray on my engine, I am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK i took Chewivette's advise and did a little cleaning under the hood. I also cleaned and re-greased my air filter.
New pictures are up
1) Me and my car
2) My cleaned engine

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k-nash said:
One nice Trep you have there! But yeah car is so nice to have a dirty engine, gotta shine her up for us.

I have been using CD2 engine detailing spray on my engine, I am very pleased with it.

Well i didn't get the CD2. But i got this MotoMaster Engine cleaner. I am pleasantly impressed. It seemed to do a good job on it

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
lookin good

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
nice, clean looking trep, personally I use that GUnk Gel stuff to degrease engines, works miracles

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I was looking at your car and thinking that I had done some work on one that looked just like it, so I went back thru my "Other people's Car" folder and found this picture, his screen name is Trepidhelp, and he is still around. This might give you some ideas of things to do:

Charles

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you very much Charles. I love the work you do. I'm trying to slowly learn PS, but I'll never come close to your abilities. I love that picture and YES it does give me ideas. Now i just need to $$ HAHA.

Feel free to tool around on any of my pics. Anything you do would be nice to see.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice PS work

I looked over some of your Photoshop projects, nice work. Thanks. -CW

MathWiz said:
I was looking at your car and thinking that I had done some work on one that looked just like it, so I went back thru my "Other people's Car" folder and found this picture, his screen name is Trepidhelp, and he is still around. This might give you some ideas of things to do:

Charles

1 - 20 of 21 Posts