DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's not really a problem, but I've noticed that the Trep is very uncomfortable when going over small bumps and/or holes in the road. On even roads it's smooth and dead quiet and rides like a dream, but it seems that the smallest unevenness in the road surface causes a very rough bump or whatever you call it. So is it my shocks that may need replacement? My brother in law's Plymouth Neon is ten times smoother going over bumps or uneven surfaces, not to mention quieter whereas the Trep has a "clunk"-sound. If you do the standard test of pushing down hard on one corner of the car and check to see if it bounces etc, everything seems normal.

So I think the shocks may need replacement. Then again, maybe something else could be going on. I'd like an opinion on that, plus maybe a ballpark figure of how much it would cost to replace them. Btw, it's mostly noticeable in the front.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Suspension end links need replacing? My car was clunking over bumps, replaced those and the clunk is gone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem, turned out it was both the front and rear stabalizer links. Tie rods at the end of thier life span can also cause that "clunk" as you go over bumps. Just a part of living with "Cab Forward Design"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts