Discussion Starter #1
well went to go have me car looked at and he pretty much gave me a wish list

both ball joints

both the exhaust headers

2 tires (which im gettin this week)

a new cat

and fer some reason all 4 struts... they still like new

oh and brakes and rotors all around...

Now i have also realized i need a new washer pump... so ill prob end up gettin the x-ternal pump

and i need speakers

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did he say why you needed exhaust headers? :wtf:

As far as the struts push down each corner of the car as hard as you can, without denting the fender of course. If it bounces more than once or twice, then yea, needs replacement.
a) the passenger side exh mani is cracked

b) did the bounce test.. they only bounced once

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
the mechanic MAY have tried to sell you 4 struts for the hell of it to try to make some extra money. if anything get your brakes first and your ball joints first. those are your biggest safety items

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the mechanic MAY have tried to sell you 4 struts for the hell of it to try to make some extra money. if anything get your brakes first and your ball joints first. those are your biggest safety items
he isnt a distributor of items ... and ball joints are my first purchase.... my brakes still have 74% left.... the rotors just have divits in em

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
he isnt a distributor of items ... and ball joints are my first purchase.... my brakes still have 74% left.... the rotors just have divits in em
no i know that, have you have never heard of a thing called flat rate have you? mechanics make at least 75% of their money by selling you the customer services and repairs for the vehicle. mechanics are not paid hourly, so if their not working their not getting paid. thats what flat rate is. thats why he said what he MAY have done is attempted to sell you replacement struts in order to make some money.

atleast you have good pad life left on your brakes. do you happen to know if he mesaured the thickness of your rotors?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i know that, have you have never heard of a thing called flat rate have you? mechanics make at least 75% of their money by selling you the customer services and repairs for the vehicle. mechanics are not paid hourly, so if their not working their not getting paid. thats what flat rate is. thats why he said what he MAY have done is attempted to sell you replacement struts in order to make some money.

atleast you have good pad life left on your brakes. do you happen to know if he mesaured the thickness of your rotors?
they have 70 somethin percent too.... its just that they have alot of divits in them

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
they have 70 somethin percent too.... its just that they have alot of divits in them
well if the rotors are thick enough you can sometimes cut the imperfections out with the brake lathe. but if you have to cut to much or they get to thin during the machining then its best to just scrap em.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well if the rotors are thick enough you can sometimes cut the imperfections out with the brake lathe. but if you have to cut to much or they get to thin during the machining then its best to just scrap em.
yea someonr told me that already tonight

ALSO!!!!! RUNNING LIKE SH*T PROBLEM HAS BEEN FIGURED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE fuel injector in the farthest back part on the drivers side ............. its fireing... but not fully.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts