DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I would go with 300Michael's. I always liked the look of mesh grills. But, the stock one is nice too.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
566 Posts
With the coloring I think the old one looks better, to me the mesh kind of clashes with the headlights where the old one is more subtle, blending better.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i like the stock red grill.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I'm leaning towards the stock one. Small, head-on pics are making it difficult to decide. I think the chrome mesh, kinda throws something off balance.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
That's a tough one. Both look good and I usually don't like those aftermarket "ricer style" mesh grills. i think incorporating the Chrysler wings on the aftermarket one gives it just enough "stock" ambiance to make it appealing to me.

........BUT.......

I'll have to say stock grill in it's current painted condition.

I'd be careful with that 300m. It's done up nicely and looks classy. But it's right on the cusp of being "too much". It's got a way to go to being overdone, but could be easily pushed over the top with a bit more "bling".

But then again, that's just my opinion and I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my car's appearance. If you like the mesh grill, do it!
And everyone else be danged!

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
You could just get a normal 02+ grill and paint it to match the scheme of the older one. Otherwise I would stick with the older one. The red on the grill goes better than the mesh ever will.

--Gorm

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I say mesh.......the majority of your car body is far from stock, so the grill shouldn't be either.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Gorm said:
You could just get a normal 02+ grill and paint it to match the scheme of the older one. Otherwise I would stick with the older one. The red on the grill goes better than the mesh ever will.

--Gorm
I agree. I'd say mesh over the regular one all day, but the stock one painted like that looks awesome.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Should you get a new grill? I thought your current teeth were fine? :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
mesh if u can get a matching mesh lower grill insert...otherwise, mesh upper and paint the chrysler wings to match your car and put them on the mesh grill and it will look pimp....

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i say stock only because it is color matched.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts