• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
9,861 Posts
Yes. Gives the car a cleaner look.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Badges..........? We don't need no stinken Badges.........

·
Registered
84 Posts
Badge or hood ornament? Or r they the same? Mine came off after an accident and is now in 3 pieces. At first I liked it, but now I am thinking of putting it back on. Mostly just so there is the ram on my car than anything, I feel like it has no make now. Just goes by Intrepid. Try it, not that bad to take it off or put it on.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I'd say debadge the *****.

Intrepids have such nice flowing lines, both first and second gen, that badges just look tacky. They're an insult to the beautiful lines of your car.

silver would look awesome being de-moulded, too. :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
From your pic there it doesn't look debadged!

Yes, the hood ornament makes the car look a little strange. I removed my medallion (ram head to you americans) and the car looks MUCH nicer IMO. If you've ever seen the Honda's without the front H symbol, think how much nicer they look without it...same deal here. If I DIDN'T own an R/T, I'd debadge the whole car, but since I do, just the hood emblem is fine for me :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wanted to debadge my trep but my girlfriend convinced me to spraypaint them red instead. They look pretty good with a black car. Check out my gallery. I saw a pic of the trunk debadged and I don't like it but thats just my opinion. The doors look good though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chinocavalera said:
I wanted to debadge my trep but my girlfriend convinced me to spraypaint them red instead. They look pretty good with a black car. Check out my gallery. I saw a pic of the trunk debadged and I don't like it but thats just my opinion. The doors look good though.
wow you went crazy with that red paint! personnally, i dont like any of the interior stuff painted. reminds me of some 16 year old pulling panels off his honda to spray paint them yellow but to each his own.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I'm thinking of a 'partial-debadge'. Basically, I would remove the INTREPID from the trunk and the rams head from the hood. The INTREPID on the trunk annoys the **** out of me when washing - it's a pain to get soap / wax / whatever out from behind the letters!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Us first genners don't even have an "Intrepid" badge.. it's just painted on the plastic. I only have two pentastars and one "Chrysler" badge on my car. I never understood the concept of debadging; I am proud to have people know what kind of car I'm driving. :)
Hey if you do debadge it can you send me the letters? :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
Avenger I know this picture shows that, but hell this isn't even my car! Looks exactly like it, until I of course get my damn digital camera back from my Ex-Wife. Yuck poo!

But yeah, that car is the spitting image of mine, but badged.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
2001RT said:
The INTREPID on the trunk annoys the **** out of me when washing
actually that is the only badging that still remains on my car, I don't like the way the trunk lock looks sticking out by itself, "puckered A-hole" is my term to describe how it looks to me

I have considered different options such as having the lock removed and the hole filled or possibly covering it up with a ram head badge but for now am happy just leaving it "as is"

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
JoeKD said:
actually that is the only badging that still remains on my car, I don't like the way the trunk lock looks sticking out by itself, "puckered A-hole" is my term to describe how it looks to me

I have considered different options such as having the lock removed and the hole filled or possibly covering it up with a ram head badge but for now am happy just leaving it "as is"
In my 'partial debadge' scheme, the 3.5 Magnum badge would still be on the trunk. I definitely see your point, though... When you're as big of an a-hole as me, you certainly don't want to be running around with your car having a puckered a-hole! :D

Perhaps if the chrome from the trunk lock was anodized black and the lip were ground down so it was a bit flatter...

·
Registered
9 Posts
omg hilarious... i wanna debadge my '02 ES, It is white, though. Wouldn't the same detail shhopt that did my window tinting be able to do something like this. I am pretty clumsy and I wonder if i am not better off giving a pro $20 to take off the stock lettering.

·
Registered
375 Posts
just a q here, did dodge/chry only put a badge on the right fender an not the left on purpose? just wondering i noticed a few like that including my own

·
Registered
475 Posts
EVERYBODY knows what kind of cars we have. Debadging is purely for asthetics.

**** I got jsut as many, "Oh you have one of those Intrepids?" With or without my Eagle Vision badges.

Course I only removed the trunk lid nonsense. The eagle on the side pillars and the eagle in the grill are to cool to be removed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts