Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Lets for get the whole thing

Votes: 3 5.2%
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When the IOM award died, it was a period where I was not on the site very much, so I don't know all the details.

It seems to me that most of the moderators were old guard members like myself who have either moved on to different cars or just don't visit the site like they used to, there is a new group of members who come often and would like to see their cars featured somehow.

I would be willing to moderate a new Car or the Month, and then Year.

Like most contests like this, it is a popularity contest, but all elections are.

So I suggest we do not resurrect the IOM, we create the new DI.net COTM

Charles

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You're back! Nice to see you again. I think you have a good idea.

I really liked the IOM/IOY concept and it was great when they had a calendar. I made a calendar page for my IOM win as we were going to have one that year, but didn't. :(

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, I spend a great deal of time on this site and feel like it is my online home and you guys are like my 2nd family! I will have my car for a long time so I will be spending much more time here in the future. I would also be willing to do anything I could to improve this site and make it be a great place for intrepid enthusiasts for years to come.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Like I said in the other thread, I spend a great deal of time on this site and feel like it is my online home and you guys are like my 2nd family! I will have my car for a long time so I will be spending much more time here in the future. I would also be willing to do anything I could to improve this site and make it be a great place for intrepid enthusiasts for years to come.

Just a popularity contest within people he go to shows in the east etc.. have a member of the month not represented by his/her car

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
I like the new COTM idea. The IOM was the original thing that had me visiting the site to get new ideas every month before I could either afford or had enough courage to mod my own ride (my how times have changed).
I know, I remember at first I was thinking I might get an OTIS and maybe a spoiler but I figured I'd never be able to do anything else or have the money to do it. Times have changed indeed :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
well i just started the process of shaving the intake letters off where it says e.3 24 valve. i scrapped sanded now 1st paint coat is on now its windy so some time tommorow i should be done....

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I vote for COTM. Maybe have seperate 1G/2G COTM's, then the COTY is narrowed from those?
I dunno, just a thought. By the time I really became more active here, IOM was canceled :p

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
well.. my trep sure aint show ready,, but thanks to kcarlos and the guy out at the NC meet it has a few things going for it,, yea, lets try something ,, im more than willing to help

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Charles, I think you have a great idea! I sure would like the honor of car of the month! That would be great honor indeed! This would be a great addition to the site. :grinno:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I moderate the equivalent at dichat.net. Although it's more about personality rather than cars. ;) We have a lot of fun with it... so if it's decided to make something worthwhile of it here going forward, I'd be glad to help out as well...

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
This past year i haven't done a single mod... Haven't been motiviated.

I think making it COTM would please a lot of people.

02R/T said:
I vote for COTM. Maybe have seperate 1G/2G COTM's, then the COTY is narrowed from those?
I dunno, just a thought. By the time I really became more active here, IOM was canceled
can't make it 1g/2g since then it is too much like iom. Make it COTM. Doesn't have to be a Trep, or even a LH body car, or even a Mopar for that matter.

This site is so much more than the Dodge Intrepid....

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I agree, make it like Car and Driver's COTY. There are so many different vehicles that apply, so it would only make sense to keep it broad and general!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
you have a great idea Charles, and i like it, and i think it would be great

but lests be honest...

this has been hashed and rehashed and talked about and debated over and over again, with no result
a COTM or IOM OF WTFYWCIOM (can anybody get that acronym?) won't work without support of the admins of the site

it also wont work if it continues the way it was in february

i happen to know the real story behind the IOM snafu in February, and it really did need to be overhauled
the question now is if the forum is ready as a whole to be mature enough to handle IOM or some other form of it again, if people wont bash the guy who is moderating it and try to skew voting one way or another. What do I mean by this? Well, i'll put it this way: its ok for people to say, hey, i'm voting for this guy, and somebody else to say, hey, im voting for him too, but its simply NOT ok for a whole large group of guys to set up a schedule of who they are gonna vote for on what month in order to force votes through

that all said, I am in support of bringing it back again, if people can get their heads out of their asses and be mature.
its getting kinda lonely here in the 2006 IOM winner's group!!!!!!

these are my thoughts, but i encourage everyone to read them

that said, i still think it was better when it was Intrepid of the Month
the site is called DodgeIntrepid.net, not DodgeIntrepid and the other cars of people who dont own Intrepids anymore.net

COTM would still be ok with me though

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
you think your the only one who knows beside i can post on the front page so it would be no problem to post the car of the month on the front... and to solve the favorite bs we would have not the member but random pictures and you guys vote by sending pm to one of us and at the end we tally them up and boom you have a winner

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Mr.Dodge said:
you think your the only one who knows beside i can post on the front page so it would be no problem to post the car of the month on the front... and to solve the favorite bs we would have not the member but random pictures and you guys vote by sending pm to one of us and at the end we tally them up and boom you have a winner
well i dont think there was a need to get all ancy about it dude, never once did i say i was the only one who knows, i have just heard it with the correct perspective on it all, from a person who would know exactly what happened

BTW the whole favoritism thing cant be solved with "random pictures"

gimme a pic of your car, my car, Keiths car, and Brads car and let me tell you how long it will take me to have each one matched with a member... not even a second

gimme a pic of 4 silver cars of active members and i can idetify them all in mere minutes

its ok to have IOM based on the person, that was one of the great things about IOM, it allowed you to give the award to somebody who you felt deserved it and was a good member, and also had a great car
I like to think that this is why i won IOM: I always try to help people out and be a nice guy, i am not an asshole, i give constructive answers to people's questions, and i had a nice car on top of it

what its not ok to have is IOM based on favoritism, and the favoritism is what led to the downfall of IOM in the first place

this is all im saying
im not trying to make myself seem better than anyone or anything of the sort

to address the whole "I can post on the front page" thing, yeah, so can I, but it is much better if IOM is official in my opinion. Its much better if IOM is sposored by the site and an official page is created for that person and everything

00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Whatever the [email protected]&k you wanna call it of the month??
hey, you got it right! Gold Star for you!!!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
wow this really makes me think if i really want to help with this...... o besides i talked to the people IN PERSON..... o hows this then..... if you didnt catch about the pm's

when you vote you have to give a little essay on why you would vote for this guy/car... no poll.... in order to have a vote counted you would have to send in a pm with your response why ........ so its not just random posting....or voting..

1 - 20 of 108 Posts