DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone told me that there is a thing you can get and carry around in your car, so if you get pulled over for something that is caused by something done so your car looks good in a show (ie. window tint) you dont get a ticket.
Im not sure that this is true - what do yall know?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I think you've been lied to. Some states offer seasonal registration and historic plates which allow cars to abide by an adjusted set of rules but i seriously doubt there is a "get of jail free card" for show vehicles that are traveling down public roads.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Not in any of the states that I've shown in. If the car is on the road, it's held to the same safety rules and regulations as any other vehicle. Crap, I remember the days back in Colorado when a vehicle with over 500HP was considered to not be "street legal." Aaaaaahhhh...the good old days. LOL!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
In MA, if you can get a certified Eye doctor to produce a document that states you have have a eye condition where you cannot be exposed to direct sunlight, then you can have all your windows (including windsheild) tinted beyond the legal limit. (just be sure to have some dark wrap around sunglasses when you get pulled over...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IS300M said:
In MA, if you can get a certified Eye doctor to produce a document that states you have have a eye condition where you cannot be exposed to direct sunlight, then you can have all your windows (including windsheild) tinted beyond the legal limit. (just be sure to have some dark wrap around sunglasses when you get pulled over...
been to the eye doctor, tryed that, dosent work. he said there are many other things they can do besides that

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dr5D said:
been to the eye doctor, tryed that, dosent work. he said there are many other things they can do besides that
I doubt any state is going to make allowances against safety for a car that is customized for show purposes - if it's truly a show car then it doesn't need to be driven on the street, I'm sure that would be the opinion.

I'm guessing that the objective here is to dark-tint the windshield... I wouldn't want to drive a car at night where the windshield was substantially tinted. As for the eye-doctor thing, what would such a person do at all other times when they weren't in their car? Special glasses, I'm sure, if there is such a condition, and that's what they'd wear while driving too.

I'll be damned if I'd ever lump myself in with vision-impaired old folks in order to have a tinted set of windows!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indiana Intrep said:
I doubt any state is going to make allowances against safety for a car that is customized for show purposes - if it's truly a show car then it doesn't need to be driven on the street, I'm sure that would be the opinion.

Often states will make allowances for cars which are in original condition and were legal when they were manufactured, i.e. possibly not requiring seatbelts in pre 1965 cars for example, or not holding them to smog testing for which the cars weren't designed and built back-when.

I'm guessing that the objective here is to dark-tint the windshield... I wouldn't want to drive a car at night where the windshield was substantially tinted.

I dont want the windshield dark if I do it I would want like 50%... but thats not the point.
I dont think there is such a pass myself, but I wanted to know what yall thought. I think 'they' would just say to put your car on a trailer for the show.
personally I want them to stop bugging me about my tint and no front plate

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dr5D said:
I dont want the windshield dark if I do it I would want like 50%... but thats not the point.
I dont think there is such a pass myself, but I wanted to know what yall thought. I think 'they' would just say to put your car on a trailer for the show.
I've thought about getting my front windows done but, im worried about the fuzz busting me everywhere. The only way i see not getting a ticket for something like that is being a cop or a firefighter. i get out of speeding tickets with my military id but, not to sure about the tint.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Dr5D said:
Exactly if it is a showcar that violates the regular requirements for being a 'normal' daily driver then you have to stick it on a trailer.

The obvious answer is the only one that will work remove your tint and get a front plate.

·
Registered
531 Posts
windowpane said:
Exactly if it is a showcar that violates the regular requirements for being a 'normal' daily driver then you have to stick it on a trailer.

The obvious answer is the only one that will work remove your tint and get a front plate.
'Course you could move to Indiana, no front plates here.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Being from Iowa... I would suggest to put the front plate back on. Yeah, I know, it looks soo much cooler without it, but I dont feel the need to give cops more excuses to pull me over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts