DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really give it a good look before but I'm sure this question has yet to be answered:

How are we setting up the parking on the day of the actual show (saturday)? Is it a predetermined formation or first come first serve? and when is everyone showing up to start this formation? I wanna make sure I get there early enough, and can do that by telling my friend either he does his morning run really early or he doesn't go at all, cause last time I was late because he claimed he would fall drastically out of practice even missing one day... so we got there 10:30-ish after some people at our good old Flemington Shop Rite tried to get us into a raffle for some crappy ass 6-banger Mustang when all we wanted was ice!

ANYWAY! Is there any form of an itinerary of events with times or is that coming out closer to show time? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Well, last year we all met @ Bruce's place (alot of us) at like 7:30-8:00am and then we drove down there for around 9:00am (I don't remember exactly for sure) There's not really a formation, but I think that we should do that. It would be easier for the voting (300M/DI.Net contest) At least have the 1st gen. on one side and the 2 gen. on the other side. That's just a suggestion though......

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
i know this year kenny is going to stake out a spot near the road with his car, and other than that, its kinda place yourself where you can. there are a few guys that really go for the show, i go for the people.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
dabirdzR/T said:
i know this year kenny is going to stake out a spot near the road with his car, and other than that, its kinda place yourself where you can. there are a few guys that really go for the show , i go for the people.
You said show??? I also wanna have good spot, so back off! :brutal_34 :squarewin

P.S.: I'm there for the people also, cars aren't that talkative yet, lol.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
thats what i meant seb, we have a good time, look at all the cars, but, i really dont care about an award, i am there because of the people i meet, moreso than the show part of it.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
dabirdzR/T said:
thats what i meant seb, we have a good time, look at all the cars, but, i really dont care about an award, i am there because of the people i meet, moreso than the show part of it.
Yeah, we do have a good time.....I could do that all year long. DI.Net ROCKS!!!! ...and the 300M club also ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Bruce is correct ..i am goin to stake off a spot on thursday night if i can, friday morning at the latest ..i would prefer to be right near the road so that i can have a little extra room so i can open my doors, i will probally have a big tent to go over my car also that day. it just depends on how i feel.....i am not trying to be picky but i have spent a **** load of money over the past several months and would like to be in a spot where i can A. watch my car from the tent and B attract some traffic...please dont think i am only there for the show but i refuse to go home for the third straight year without making it to the winners circle. ....but mostly i am there to meet everyone and have a good time

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Jeeze Kenny, how can anyone even compete with you? ;)

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
mobbdeep said:
Bruce is correct ..i am goin to stake off a spot on thursday night if i can, friday morning at the latest ..i would prefer to be right near the road so that i can have a little extra room so i can open my doors, i will probally have a big tent to go over my car also that day. it just depends on how i feel.....i am not trying to be picky but i have spent a **** load of money over the past several months and would like to be in a spot where i can A. watch my car from the tent and B attract some traffic...please dont think i am only there for the show but i refuse to go home for the third straight year without making it to the winners circle. ....but mostly i am there to meet everyone and have a good time
I know how you feel......I haven't spend has much as you did:drool: (I'm getting there though ) You have to stand out so take whatever space you need and I'm pretty sure it will pay off :fun_08:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so basically it's first come first serve? can anyone reserve me a spot when they get there :color_: it takes two-three hours to get there from Ftown... i can try to wake up early buuut don't bet on it :turn:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Some folks are there as early as Thursday Morning getting a spot. We are talking about a field with probably 5,000 - 8,000 cars overall. Last year there were about 25 Intrepids and 25 300M cars in atendance. Of those 50 about 45 were members of one of the two clubs. Sadly 2 of the top three Intrepids places went to non-club members. We need to make sure we ALL vote this year.

·
Registered
740 Posts
DScruggs said:
Some folks are there as early as Thursday Morning getting a spot. We are talking about a field with probably 5,000 - 8,000 cars overall. Last year there were about 25 Intrepids and 25 300M cars in atendance. Of those 50 about 45 were members of one of the two clubs. Sadly 2 of the top three Intrepids places went to non-club members. We need to make sure we ALL vote this year.

Exactly Don, i couldnt have said it any better, it was pretty weak last year that 2 cars that were bone stock beat out alot of good cars ....that had many modifications

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Maverick9110E said:
its not EXACTLY first come first serve, there is a certain area that is specifically set apart for dodge intrepids and 300m's
Of course. But within THAT area it is first come first serve.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
mobbdeep said:
Exactly Don, i couldnt have said it any better, it was pretty weak last year that 2 cars that were bone stock beat out alot of good cars ....that had many modifications
I agree...I was too mad when I heard that 2 non-members won out against the club. My spot last year was horrible...I was next to a Caravan. LOL :)

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DScruggs said:
Of course. But within THAT area it is first come first serve.
yeah, that's what i meant, when you get to the area it's first come first serve

gorm:
at least you got a spot on the grass, mine was the car on the road between the treps and the jeeps, between 11:00am and 4ish pm, granted that was my fault for not getting up early enough :icon_cry:

·
Registered
589 Posts
im definatly looking forward to going for this. I just dont know if i'll be bringing my car to show, depends on weather I can throw in that paint job before then.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
sorry, kenny and i have already planned to park next to one another in hopes our cars will hump and make beautiful babies.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts