DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed we don't have a thread showing off our sexy nerd setups so i took a place to make one, put specs off your setup and some pics if your so inclined. you get a cookie for LED's:D

let the E-peen begin!:drool:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
well after getting the new board and cpu ran for a few weeks and killed my 500 watt PS :glum:

so after another brief delay i got a new 650 watt and took some pics,

the case is small for the MB and i had to move the power supply and mod the case to make it fit where the CD reader goes, the case and the smallish fans are temporary till i get more cash i call this build "the budgeteer"

MB- AMD, ASrock, 990FX extreme3
CPU- AMD FX6100- 6 core 3.3Ghz
RAM- 2x4GB DDR3 (came with MB much better then the 4gb i had :D)
1 TB of memory while i only have 500GB hooked up at the moment i need more sata cables
GPU- Nvidia, Gigabyte, GTS 450

atm costs are at around $350 but plays brand new games at 30-40 fps on nearly full settings... hence the name budgeteer

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Windows 8 Pro (Running for 3 Weeks)
Dual Monitors (extending screen)
PDA on far left

From my Chair:

For giggles, here's the screenshot from the PDA:

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
Former Windows Home Server Running WHS 2011 64 bit OS. Space for 6 hard drives inside. Pretty compact considering what it holds for hardware. Modular OCZ power supply to cut down on cable clutter. Currently up for sale minus most of the hard drives. Upgraded Mobo/Processor/RAM with DVDRW-DL.

My Mac G5 Dual-Core aka "The Cheese Grater" for the times when I need to go over to the "Dark Side"!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Mine was a Wal-Mart special because my old one decided to retire in style by bursting out a bunch of smoke

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Me and Nate's Pictures work, Ron's don't, and when I try, It asks me to sign into live accounts, I'll try signing in, but IDK why they don't just work here.

*EDIT*

Access to the webpage was denied
You are not authorized to access the webpage at [rl]http://******.***.livefilestore.com/*********************************************************************************************[/url]. You may need to sign in.
HTTP Error 403 (Forbidden): The server refused to fulfill the request.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
They should work now. Keep forgetting to change the Permissions when I create a new folder.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Me and Nate's Pictures work, Ron's don't, and when I try, It asks me to sign into live accounts, I'll try signing in, but IDK why they don't just work here.

*EDIT*

Access to the webpage was denied
You are not authorized to access the webpage at [rl]http://******.***.livefilestore.com/*********************************************************************************************[/url]. You may need to sign in.
HTTP Error 403 (Forbidden): The server refused to fulfill the request.
I can see them just fine.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
PeeYou!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I need a new lappy cooling pad. Mine just burnt out, and I have to use that white fan you see in the first pic, in its place. (the HP overheated to the point it shut down, lets be glad I have an INTEL[ligent] processor!)

·
Registered
678 Posts
here's a look of mine. http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/images/smilies/drool1.gif
asus m4n68t-m v2 (bios 1001)
phenom IIx4 840 (3.2ghz) hyper 212 evo cooler with 2ea 120 mm fans in a push/pull combo
2x4 GB ddr3 10700
2 ea DVD reader/burners, have a card reader also installed
600watt pwr supply, (oem one died on me)
windows 8 pro
(this is it before i put the new cooler in it)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Ill have to get a pic later. Photobucket isnt working for me on my phone. Its an Acer Aspire X1300.

AMD Athlon 7450 dual-core processor 2.40 GHZ.
3.00 gig RAM
32 BIT operating system.
500 GIG hard drive.

nothing fancy. But it does what i need it to and more. And for 120$ 2years ago, not bad i think.

·
Dain bramaged
7,208 Posts

My Current Desktop:
Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
i7 920 Overclocked to 3.8ghz
6gb ram
ATI 6970

I have a bunch of Servers/Network stuff in the Rack cabinet in the basement.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just moved my other computer (the one I rebuilt from scratch!! :proud:) and put that one next door to the lappy, and the monitor has moved since I took those pics ( too high for me to see w/out craning my neck!)

1 - 20 of 115 Posts