DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Showcars equiped Trep in SLC??!!

897 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  slowbra 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok...I just spied a Gold 2nd Gen here in Utah with a "Showcars" bodykit...Saturday night (11/8)...downtown Salt Lake City...parked on 400 West, at about 300 South during the Jazz game. I'm just wondering who owns this car, and if they're a member here or not?!

It had Utah plates on it, full body kit, and stock steelies with covers. I've seen this car (or one exactly like it) in some of the "Showcars" threads, but wasn't aware that it was a local car... If the owner reads this, gimme a shout, I'd love to get a close-up look at this kit. OR, if anyone knows who this car may belong to, give me a shout!

#2 ·
the one I know of in that area is actualy silver and I think the guy works at the Somba Grill in the gateway....... see it there all the damn time............ if you get a chance to get close to it, you'll see the sadness I saw when I saw it up close :(

#4 ·
well the kit has flaws, lil pit holes in places, they didn't remove the factory side skirt so the after market on with the kit was stuck on and you can see where the autobody guy smeared bondo into the the whole to fill it...... to the point where you can see the finger shape, the rear bumper still has the holes for the licesnse(spelling) plate.......... on a whole the kit looked cheap in quality and was fitted poorly...... also he had factory 15's with hubcaps and you could see the over spray on the tires and windows from the paintjob.................. made me sad

#5 ·
That sux!

Yeah..like this gold one...why would you spend $1k on a body kit, and still drive around with the stock steelies and wheel covers??!! Talk about looking out of place!! Oh well...

I'll have to keep my eyes open for either of these cars around town...

#12 ·
How about the red ES that dwells over here in my territory? This guy has the infamous Showcars bodykit, functional hood scoops, ram air kit, flowmaster dual exhaust, and tint. He drives the car around like he's driving a modded Supra! I tried talking to him once at the local car wash (hang out around here) but he's a snobby little punk.
Or how about the white SE with chrome rims, sunroof, dual exhaust, and the hot chick that was driving it on route 5? Oh yeah: she had a DI.net decal on her rear left window too! Weird! These people must know of the site, but never join. :(

#13 ·
There are some interesting pics there. That baby blue 1st gen with the tail light conversion, not sure if i like it but its certainly different. Looks like he didnt like the body kit, the blue one doesnt have it, unless its a completely different car. The Presences car is on his site and some other 2nd gen too.

#14 ·
I hate it when people on there sites put pics off the internet of there gear!! I'll say it agian I HATE THE REAR END ON THE CAR!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.