DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was watching the DIY network and saw this cool tip. What you do is take 3 parts of vinegar and mix it with 1 part water (use a spray bottle.) what you do is, before you go to bed, spray it on your windows like you are cleaning them and wipe it dry. This will keep frost off them. I did mine on Sunday and no frost since then.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am laying tile down in the kitchen and using the garage to make the cuts. I always keep the Trep in the garage.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
yeah it does. Only problem is that I don't know if it will take off the RainX I have on it.
im thinking it will. but i have rain-x and dont remember ever seeing frost on my windows. there is water beads which i assume is frost rain-x has pwned. but driving off clears it pretty quick from all of my windows.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,516 Posts
I wonder if it would keep freezing rain from collecting...That is the absolute worst to wake up to and have to scrape off the windows.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I wonder if it would keep freezing rain from collecting...That is the absolute worst to wake up to and have to scrape off the windows.
I sometimes put a piece of cardboard on the windshield overnight. Beats scrapping freezing rain off the windshield. well actually now that I have remote start on my Durango I just push a button and when i go outside anything that was frozen is now just water. :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
For frost i got the windshield washer fluid with rain-x that melts frost and it works great. I love watching my neighbors scrape ice while i just push the wash button and leave haha.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Yeah especially during some of those really bad overnight storms that leaves about a QUARTER INCH THICK SHEET ON THE ENTIRE CAR! That is fun!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I bought this can of de-icer for windows, just itching to try it - I haven't had a good frost since i bought it but i'll let you know what happens - basically it just melts the shiz out of the ice super fast and you can just run the wipers and leave. I've used the rainx anti ice wash stuff before and you still get the areas that aren't hit by the blades covered in ice - this de-icer stuff is supposed to do it all efficiently.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
rain x window wax doesn't allow it to stick to the window so asl long as the sleet/freezing rain isn't heavy to the point that you windshield wipers can lift it it will just wipe off.

carsontl I have some of that de-icer stuff in my trunk. it works great. its not super duper fast and its best if your window defroster is on and warmed up. its more like a spray and wait for a minute or two deal.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
aw that sucks to hear, the can says it's fast... but it could also say that it gives 50 hp to the car just for sticking it in the trunk lol..

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have winter windshield covers i throw over the front and back windows at night. Then just pull them off in the morning and they good to go.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts