DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my system out of my old trep and put it in this one. The system has been working flawlessly for the past month or so until yesterday. I have a 4 channel amp that runs my front door speakers and rear speakers. Now the passenger rear speaker crackles from time to time when I hit a bump. When I am not moving I can crank it up and it works fine. I took apart the car and checked the wires on the speaker. They seem fine I moved around the rcas they seem fine. Anybody have any other ideas. I don't think it's the speaker since it only cuts when I hit bumps and works fine any other time ?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Its a poor connection somewhere. Start with your grounds you should be able to pull fairly hard on your connectors you may have put on! I also have a PPI amp and the wires kept coming loose so I tinned them and haven't had a problem for years!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
check at the amp screws, then at the speaker itself. Another possibility (had this happen on my sub speaker) On the speaker itself the wire that goes from the connector to the voice coil started breaking. I re-soldered it and it was fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts