DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a quick question on what is recommended after fueling up a vehicle. Everytime I fuel up my 99 Intrepid, I start up the car & wait for about 15 seconds before driving off.

Is it recommended to wait a few seconds after fueling up to allow the fuel to circulate? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i dont think so. i take off right away. unless you ran the car on near empty. LOLOl. but if there is fuel in the tank and u fuel up just take off. when i hit the halfway mark i fuel up. half way mark cost me 37 bucks. imagine if i go near empty. it would cost me close to 70 bucks to fill her up. I never let the car get to empty mark.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Why would you want to do this and how does your fuel 'circulate' any differently at the gas station then it would on the road?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not circulate, but allow the car to adjust to the addition of more fuel.......I'm not being clear.

·
9,861 Posts
No, has no effect what so ever.

And whoever told you otherwise shouldn't be allowed to breed.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The only thing you should ever notice is the gas gauge needle move to full after a second or 2 of starting the car. Thats the only thing I've ever noticed.

BTW. $33 bucks here on 1/4 tank :p

JLWX5

·
Registered
982 Posts
Communicator7 said:
Not circulate, but allow the car to adjust to the addition of more fuel.......I'm not being clear.
The only thing that is going to "adjust" to the addition of fuel to the tank is the fuel guage, and it is going to change as soon as the car is started up whether you drive immediatly of not. It a good idea to wait a few seconds after you start engine to let the fluids start to flow and pressures to build up, especially in cold weather(oil, coolant, tranny,etc.) but as far as idling just because you added gas to the tank-- You are just wasting a little of the gas that you just paid for each time you fill up!! The only one who would benefit from this is the oil companies, and they are already getting enough of our $.. :brutal_46

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it. Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts