DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I get emails from techtv all the time and I got a great program off of one of those emails. This is for a program that will make some cool changes to the visual appearance of windows. I know most of you people have windows XP so this will work great for you. Some of the things that are changes don’t work well with windows 2000 but they are cool enough to make me feel like posting the link here.

I’m going to post the actual article from techtv but the program is WindowBlinds and the link in the article to WinCustomize has a lot of great skins you can download.

Let me know what you think. The only problem I can find with it is, it’s a running program, it loads and makes the changes to windows. If you unload the program, the changes go with it. It doesn’t take up much memory and doesn’t interrupt the operations of windows (2000) as far as I can tell.

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/catsclicks/story/0,24330,3473066,00.html

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had WindowBlinds a long time ago, it's pretty cool. There is some nice features and skins. Although, doesn't Windows XP already have something like this built in? Microsoft just never released any skins, I think they added some in the Windows XP Plus! software.

·
9,861 Posts
I have used both windowblinds and style xp. I like style xp better.

http://themexp.org/

But, I do not use either anymore. I prefer the speed increase with the classic interface.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have a key for it. I just have the free version. I think it's damn cool but I don't have windows xp, so I need something like this program to get my windows to do this kind of stuff. It doesn't seem to slow down my computer at all.

Here's the stats from windwos task manager.
Mem Usage 1,988K
Peak Mem Usage 7,916K
VM Size 1,496K
Paged Pool 19K

So, I mean... not much memory is used on this at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts