DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Jackfish again. So washing my 'trep the other day i noticed slots all along the front of the inner fender. Just wondering what those are for? My father said they help cool off the brakes.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
no, not really,,, just cooling slots to help hot air out of the engine comparment, a lso keep the battery cool,,

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
no, not really,,, just cooling slots to help hot air out of the engine comparment, a lso keep the battery cool,,
This.

If you pop the hood and take a closer look, you'll see that there's really no way for air to pass through the bumper and to the inner fender linings. On the passenger side you have the battery tray and on the drivers side you have the windshield washer fluid neck, brake line block and other little odds and ends. The police cars however did come equipped with cooling ducts. they were mounted towards the bottom of a custom front bumper and snaked their way back to the brakes.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
They are also there to help alleviate the air pressure build up caused by tires at higher speeds. On most racing cars you will see ducts on top of the fender in vicinity of the wheel well as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts