DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just recently got a small dent in my fender. Darn kids messing around by my car. It isnt creased, is there a way we can pop it out with a tool or what not?

Where would I go to buy the dent king or a suction cup ?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
you might be able to get one at AZ. But im sure you could find one online just do a search at google or something. But, being able to get it out is a different story; where is the dent? You might want to try taking the fender skirt off and trying to pop it out from the inside of the fender rather than trying to pull it.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I will run out and take picture then edit this post

EDIT:
Sorry for the small pictures, if I dont post them small they show up HUGE. The dent doesnt look this bad. However somehow the pictures make it look like its worse then what it seems.

If you would like to see the pictures bigger let me know :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I tried to pop out a dent in my trunk lid and it cracked the paint when I poped it back.
I think the general practice it to remove the damaged panel, pop it out and repaint the entire panel.

Or get a new fender from a junk yard.

You might get lucky when popping it out and not crack the paint but I wouldn’t count on it. At least not if you have the kind of luck I have.

-GB49

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the buying a new fender is out of the question and repainting it is out of the question. I think I will try to pop it out, just not sure how to go about it. I will prolly end up waiting until I go to the Meet and see what they think.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just remove the fender and try to pound it out, just remember to take it slow better to do it right the first time. I would try and locate a body tool called a dolly and hammer. Just make sure yo take it slow you should be able to beat that out without ruining the paint.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are your front fenders not plastic? Mine are.

·
Registered
299 Posts
lol, what did you're kids do? thats pretty serious. looks like a dent from a bike handle bar

·
Registered
532 Posts
Maybe if you heat the spot w/ a hair dryer or heat gun first the paint will be more flexible? I'd do it from the backside so you don’t scorch the paint.

-GB49

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
like I said previously take the skirt off and get it from there but like triplejjay said arent the fenders some kind of plastic or something?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts