DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i felt incredibly "ballsy" today.

I took my co-worker's advice (who happens to be a minor ricer)... LOL... and decided to remove the front foglight reflectors to give my foglights a much brighter and direct look to them. For comparison's sake... I only removed one of them. In my garage I can definitely see a difference when I aim them against a wall. I will take a pic tonight and post so you guys can see the difference. The other one comes off tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That is a cool mod to do to your foglights to get more out of them without going to a high watt bulb. I'm looking forward to seeing the comparison pics. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well... im sure it definitely helps to have the PIAAs in there like I have. I am not sure if they would look as good without the front reflector if the stock bulbs were still installed.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I got alittle ballsy today too. (well, actually a little ricer) I put superwhite turn signal bulbs in today to replace the amber bulbs. I also ordered a set of blue bulbs for the turn signals, just to see what they would look like I should have them on Monday. Then I'll decide if I keep the Superwhites, the blue bulbs or the original amber bulbs.

For some odd reason, I like the way it looks, I'm sure it's not legal...oops.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
has anyone tried to take the piece out on the low-beam headlights?? it shouldnt' really need it there because the end of the bulb is capped in black.. well, i guess not on mine cauz i have a high beam bulb in there, but still... is it possible to take it out of the headlight assembly>?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Intrepidatious- The blue bulbs will fade over time and you will get green, I installed mine back last may, and they lasted a while before they started to fade, Im considering the super white way for turn signals I think those are the best.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I'm glad my red turn signals haven't faded to pink yet. :p

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
blkbute said:
Intrepidatious- The blue bulbs will fade over time and you will get green, I installed mine back last may, and they lasted a while before they started to fade, Im considering the super white way for turn signals I think those are the best.
Thanks for the info blkbute. I'm kinda diggin' the superwhites. Different, yet cool looking. (They were only $5.00 at the local Pep-Boys)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

There you go. I think you can notice a difference. Keep in mind both of those are PIAA lights. Oh and my PIAA lights dont have a black tip at the end, its blue for me.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looks good DjPill:thumbsup:

I'd do that to mine, but my aftermarket lights were never capped off like that

·
Registered
407 Posts
PRETTY COOL- I may have to do that- If you wanted to add the caps back in because your blinding people can it be done or is this a permanent mod?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to bend the part off. It was pretty easy to bend off, but im pretty positive its a permament mod. ;)

I don't think you will blind people too bad cause the foglights are low. Now if I was to do the same to my headlights.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Warlord- what problems have you run into? My ion crystals went in fine (once I changed the connector on the Piaa bulbs to the round connectors).

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Those look bright enough to piss people off. If I saw fogs that bright coming down the road, I would give them a nice steady 100w shot of my Xenons until they went by.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
pimped3point3 said:
Those look bright enough to piss people off. If I saw fogs that bright coming down the road, I would give them a nice steady 100w shot of my Xenons until they went by.
I totally agree P3.3....... I relize I might sound like a hypocrate.. I have the 100W superwhites in my fogs... but I never turn my fogs on when there is traffic around. I use them in bad weather situations, and in the open road.. kinda like the "brights" rule.... with these fogs.. I get more light than I do with my brights.. so they never come on.. :p

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey if I wanted to piss people off, I would do the same thing to my headlights as well. ;) ;) ;)

Anyways... ive seen plenty of brand new cars with those xenon lights that are VERY bright to the eye.

People will just have to live with my foglights. The biggest thing I noticed, is if I was to stand say 45degrees in front of the car on the angle... you really see the difference. I think the stock foglights with the reflector are made to shoot straight... yet when i removed the reflector I get a lot more light to my sides.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
DjPiLL said:
yet when i removed the reflector I get a lot more light to my sides.
That would be helpful around here during the fall with all the deer we get.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
BK said:
Warlord- what problems have you run into? My ion crystals went in fine (once I changed the connector on the Piaa bulbs to the round connectors).
Well, the left side assembly, the screw won't come out. :mad:

The right side assembly I managed to get out, but after disconnecting the wiring harness, it snapped back into the bumper area and I can't find the damn thing! :mad: Also, the screw won't screw in all the way! :mad:

It's a simple, simple procedure to do. But these stupid problems are really pissing me off!!! :mad:

I did change the bulb in the right assembly with no problems. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The screw you need to take out is the one thats above the foglight... not the one thats attached to the plastic clear lens. And be very careful, that screw can be stripped easily cause its very tight. It is also difficult to put back in... it has to go in at a very sharp angle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts