DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put an EVIC w/homelink in my mom's '04 SXT tonight. Everything seems to be fine, except the temp and compass aren't budging. I tried doing circles, but it's not budging. How many circles do i have to do to get it right? FYI, I also set the compass zone to the proper zone, still nothing. Temp is at 58, which i don't believe it's currently. It's about 50 outside. Any clues? Everything else seems to be working fine though, including the IMPG :)
TIA...

Also, thanx to Scott (IS300M) for the EVIC.

EDIT: BTW, this EVIC came out of a Grand Cherokee. I never had a problem with a GC one when I had my '98...

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Hey Loud,

The 2g service manual talks about it in detail. Here is the basic rundown from it although it has additional info too if you still have trouble

The self-calibrating compass unit requires no adjusting in normal use. The only calibration that may prove necessary is to drive the vehicle in three complete
circles at 5 to 8 kilometers-per-hour (3 to 5 miles-perhour), on level ground, in not less than forty-eight seconds. This will reorient the compass unit to its vehicle.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Might try an EVIC self test. If it passes, try manual calibration:
MANUAL COMPASS CALIBRATION
If the compass appears erratic and the CAL light does not appear, you must calibrate the compass, Find an open area away from large metal objects. With the igition ON and the compass/temperature displayed, press and hold the RESET button until the CAL symbol appears (about 10 seconds). Drive slowly (about 5 mph/ 8 km/h) in 3 complete 360 circles. The CAL light will turn off and the compass will be calibrated.

Wait til morning and recheck temperature readout.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you hold down the reset button, it brings up the zone, not the CAL display.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was a very long 11 seconds, but it's all better. compass and temp are working just fine. now time for pics!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts