DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the wife came home from work tonight with a little surprise for me. She rear ended a car. She's ok & no damage to the other car or driver, thank god.

It was at very low speed & the air bag didn't go off. It's dark out but I went to have a look. The bumper & lights seem to look ok, but the hood is crumpled & a big paint chip came off. The Chrysler emblem is gone. I don't think there is any damage inside the engine compartment. But I didn't even attempt to open the hood. It looks bad.

So I am going to get some estimates tomorrow morning. Anyone have any ideas what range of prices I may be looking at? I am thinking I may just paint the whole car black now. At least I have an excuse now.

I loved that car. I am so pissed.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Slick_1 said:
Good thing you have that $800 to help you cover the costs.
interpretblurple said:
...Now when you car gets ****ed and you need some support i bet you wouldnt wont to hear some **** like that....
:twak:

wow all i can say is KARMA my friend...but i will say hope all work out for ya i know how ya feel...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. I Know. believe me, you were the first one I thought of when it happened.

By the way, the drivers side headlight is cracked as well. So I will be needing one of those.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Damn sorry to hear about the car... At least it's not too bad. As for your lights, I've been seeing some real good deals on EBAY lately.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
yea check www.car-part.com cuz they have some good deals...thats where im gettin my side mirror from...and yea i got my car back and there is some body damage...not major...like a dent the size of a baseball or smaller on the bottom...of the drivers side door...but yea hope the car gets back to where it was...you feel pissed right now and wanna beat the **** outta everyone you see right...or is that just me? :giveup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, those r the wheels. I love those.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
i did the same thing. other truck and driver non injured good. but my radiator whent. make sure you check your radiator for ANY stress marks

·
Registered
207 Posts
:worthless

Seriously though, any pics?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can take some pix. I will post them tonight. Anyone have a drivers side headlight for sale cheap? They want $300 at the wreckers & $360 at the dealer. (CDN$)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am watching that auction, but the shipping cost is for the US only, although they do ship worlwide. I am waiting for a reply for shipping to canada.

Here is a pic of the damage. Its too dark out, but you can still pretty much see it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bummer man...

·
Registered
865 Posts
ouch, I seriously don't know how you can rear-end someone *sigh* what was her excuse?

My sister broke my A/C by hitting front-front with an oncomming car though so stupider things have happened.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
look at my hood closly you can see the dent

things broke
hood (dents and fold pushed it down with brick)
radiator cracked in half shity plastic
hood brace the black brace behind radiator pushes back about 1 inch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts