DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the symptoms.

Smells like gas when I turn on the heater.

Smells like gas under the hood.

I can hear a rhythmical sound, like "psssss" every couple seconds. Possibly built up pressure being released?

The smell and sound seem to come from under/inside the engine.

I can't see liquid, but it smells of gas and thats for sure! No drip under the car.

HELP!!!!!

I already called the dealer and set up an appointment in a couple days, but thats a couple days without a car. I told him to check the fuel rail recal, even though I've already had it done.

Any ideas would help. I'm not to good with cars but thanks to this website I have been able to change my oil, fuel filter, tie rod ends, air filter and some other un-impressive stuff. I think I could tackle this problem if anyone knows what it is and how to fix it.

thanks,

Andy

·
9,861 Posts
What gen and engine?

Let me guess...1st gen 3.5L?

·
Registered
714 Posts
on my 3.5l, one of my o-rings gave on one of the injectors. I got an o-ring pack and replace the o-ring on that injector. No problem since.

Hardwarz

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please understand that I'm very dumb when It comes to cars/parts. How do I get to the injectors? How do I know what o-ring pack to buy? Where did you find your parts?

thanks much

·
9,861 Posts
I think you just have to take off the Plenum and the fuel fail.

O-Rings are sold at the dealer, and other autoparts stores. Some have had issues with certain autoparts stores ones. Search could probably tell you more.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
There is a recall

Just take the car to the dealer and do it for free

recall on o-rings and fuel rails

*fuel rails fail often, so even if they say you're car has had the recall done, do it again. I've had mine replaced 3 times, pos...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes and if you know anyone else who can verify this afterwards do it...don't let the dealer screw you over at your costs...since it is comon from them to do. Just as a safety percaution if possible.
STBEAR007

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Ahhhhh, well guess what my cars started doing? Great thread heh.

Being ass cold out and not having a heated garage or places to put a plenum/fuel rails when taken off.. going to use my rare dealer connection and see what the low down on the recall around here is.. like if they'll try and milk charges for inspection out of me etc. :(

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Black94ES said:
There is a recall

Just take the car to the dealer and do it for free

recall on o-rings and fuel rails

*fuel rails fail often, so even if they say you're car has had the recall done, do it again. I've had mine replaced 3 times, pos...

Got a question for you. HOw do you get them to replace it for you over and over again? Did they of course try and scam you and have you pay for it? Trying to incite wear and tear even though there's a recall that shows theres a flaw in theese parts.

Let's hear your dealer stories. Dont have much cash, but I of course want my prob fixed asap. Got a big trip coming up. I'll drive it either way :/

·
Registered
781 Posts
anyone know the recall number or anything to proove to the dealer that it's true? i've got the same issue and my dealer doesn't like admitting they have to do stuff for free sometimes

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
EvilDeadFan said:
Got a question for you. HOw do you get them to replace it for you over and over again? Did they of course try and scam you and have you pay for it? Trying to incite wear and tear even though there's a recall that shows theres a flaw in theese parts.

Let's hear your dealer stories. Dont have much cash, but I of course want my prob fixed asap. Got a big trip coming up. I'll drive it either way :/
They tried to charge my dad $1200 Canadian to fix it, I ****ing flipped out, drove to the dealer and started yelling at the manager. They said they were sorry and gave me a free oil change. They also paid back the money my dad spent for a diagnostic.

The dealers know there's a recall, all they have to do is look up your VIN number in their computers.

If they keep saying no, tell them to call DC headquarters, you can give them your VIN number too and they'll tell you.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Kenundrum said:
anyone know the recall number or anything to proove to the dealer that it's true? i've got the same issue and my dealer doesn't like admitting they have to do stuff for free sometimes
Tell them to look up your VIN number

Search on the website listed above, click on the document search after you find the recall and print it out.

The only problem with this is, auto companies are required to do recall work from 10 years after it's been posted.

This was posted in 1998. That means after 2008 we're gonna have to shell out money to fix this ourselves. By then I'll probably light my car on fire and leave it on my dealers doorstep.

·
Registered
781 Posts
wow, thats some nasty recall... hope to get mine done within a week. in that document it says i'm required to be given a loaner vehicle i it takes more than 8 hours, yipee

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Sounds good, will do. I dont like making a stink most of the time, but I would. Now I'll know how to be better prepared for the bullshitting.

Car salesmen/servicemen aren't exactly the most truthful guys.. Sure THEY don't pay for it.. but a bay in theirw shop is used up and im sure that's enough incentive for them to try to get us to pay for the foul up and being loyal customers.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Kenundrum said:
wow, thats some nasty recall... hope to get mine done within a week. in that document it says i'm required to be given a loaner vehicle i it takes more than 8 hours, yipee
Really takes about 6 hours, I think those mechanics have tons of experience doing it.

In Canada, we don't get a loaner :( only if you get the extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
EvilDeadFan said:
Sounds good, will do. I dont like making a stink most of the time, but I would. Now I'll know how to be better prepared for the bullshitting.

Car salesmen/servicemen aren't exactly the most truthful guys.. Sure THEY don't pay for it.. but a bay in theirw shop is used up and im sure that's enough incentive for them to try to get us to pay for the foul up and being loyal customers.
If they try to BS you, tell them that you will report this to DC Canada and watch how quickly they'll apologize to you.

Not only do they charge you for the work, they'll send a dummy recall receipt to DC Canada and get money from them too.

I can only imagine the number of people who have been ripped off already.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
That's why I let my car only get repaired on with my friends who are very very reputable around here. I had work done from them right in their beginnings. :) Good guys. Anyone in Ottawa need real work done on their cars for a good price, call 866-SPAZ. Mike and Derrek own the business. Great guys again.

I'll take that in mind. :D It's nice having ammunition when going to a dealer.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i'll tell you guys how i make out tomorrow when i call the dealer up and schedule an appointment.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts