DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I rolled up to the intersection beside my neighbor in his '97 Intrepid. It was either a 3.5 or 3.2. I am not sure what they come with. Anyway, he revved at me, I laughed, he saw my tail lights all the way. My 4200 pound monster sat on another family sedan. Can't beat the 5.7 V8. :D
-Chris

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Are you trying to start a fight? If so, go elsewhere.

A 9C1 eh? Not a bad car for a tank. :) I almost bought a '95 9C1 with the LT1 before settling on the car I have now. The Caprice was a bare bone wonder. Power windows/locks, AC, cassette and that was about it.

I wasn't too pleased with the power in the ones I drove and have driven. Did a nice burn out, but that was about it. The power wasn't neck-snapping, more of a pleasant hustle.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I pulled up beside some teens in an older impala SS last weekend at the light on the strip. We checked out each others cars, smiled at each other, and they turned off! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Dam your slow i ran 15.106/ 94.89mph with my 2000 R/T. Just playing, your cars are fast for a the size and weight. But you do have a V-8. And all we have are little old V-6`s. Just wait untill 2004 when we get the 352hp 5.7 Hemi V-8 with a good 5 speed auto and a 6 speed stick. Then most of the SS`s well be seeing our tail lights.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My bro-in-law has a '96 Impala SS and can kick my ass. But keep in mind fellas, it's basically a Vette with a sedan body grafted on. It's Apples and Oranges right now, their fighting out of their class. But when we get that RWD V8 it's gonna be another story, and maybe another outcome. ;) :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lets not bring up the current Impala SS, Slow and pretty ugly.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
There is no such thing as a current Impala SS. The line ended in 1996.

Although, GM is supposed to bringing FWD V8 version of the current Impala and dubbing it the SS.

Damn that will be sad.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Speaking of an Impala SS....when me and my g/f were out tonight, a loud Impala SS pulled up next to me at a light and gunned it. I guess he wanted to race (never had this happen to me before). Well, too bad I don't race. He took off pretty fast when the light changed, but then slowed down when he realized I didn't take off fast.

Anyways, this was my first experience with someone wanting to race me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not trying to start a fight, I just wanted to see what everyone would say about my car, and wether you guys would go crazy if I said I beat an Intrepid like. They try to rip you head off when you tell them you killed a Mustang on www.stang.net.
-Chris

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i almost bought one of them Impala SS's back when I got '97 Intrepid, I had this woody for a bad ass black SS, but it came down to money.

I was at a car show a couple weeks ago, some dude had one there with Ram Air. and other goodies!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was a stereo shop and someone had a burgunday one. The hood was open so I took a look, the intake said LT4 (not LT1) and he had nitrous lines and a Paxton Supercharger on the motor. The owner was pretty nice when I asked him about it.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
An LT1 Caprice might beable to beat older Mustangs, but they shouldn't be able to touch a 1999 and up GT with competant drivers and a stick. Those cars are mid 14 second runners bone stock. Cobra's? Well forget about it. High 13s stock.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The '94 Rustang GT is not very fast and any year with the V6 is slower than dirt. Mustangs are getting faster all the time and the 2001 Mustang GT and Cobra actually look cool. The Saleen S281 is one sweet car that even I would drive.
-zack

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: zwatman ]

·
Banned
439 Posts
do any intrepid owners here go onto other boards and talk?? cause i've noticed we have a lot of outside traffic... grand prix's, caprices, buicks, and whatever mitusu drove lol....

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I visit the stratusphere and car&driver forums every once in a while. I know LHSer is a member of a few different ones. I think Intrepidatious is at blueoval alot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.