DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess it is time for me to make a thread with pictures of Shea. STILL loving my HO as if it were the first day she took me 315 miles homes with no hiccups.

I made this thread with all intentions of putting up pics of what she looks like, as I go along with the modifications.
As everyone already knows she has dual 2.5" pipe coming out of a magnaflow muffler in place of the resonator.

Shea also has new eyes and they are oh so sexy and shiny. Clear corners and new headlights.

As I was taking trying to get some good pictures of her while at work, this is the best one I got with a blackberry.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
i am digging this trep looks to be in amazing condition and new heads with clear corners is always a win got a set of clears sitting in my room now just gotta order the heads

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
nice looking first gen,,,

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys,
Thank you so much!
TrepCruzin. Congrats on COTM in dec. If I had a second gen, it would be your cars twin!

Fullmoon97, I got mine from amazon for 42.92 tax and all, other than the pem nuts being mucked up, they are great.

Ty,
Again thank you for all the help. Now I am in the process of doing the LED conversion, HIDs, and also looking for some 18" rims. I am liking what I had on the alero, Enkei CD-9, but maybe something different. Dont want chrome or too dark. lol

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Guys,

Fullmoon97, I got mine from amazon for 42.92 tax and all, other than the pem nuts being mucked up, they are great.
you can call me Dan and it looks like the price went down YET AGAIN! im lovin it ive been watching the price since they were at 48

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan,
I went on there and typed in 95 dodge intrepid headlights and got the ones from headlight depot. I figured they would know what they were doing, because of their name. Great clarity and shine, has some kind of coating on them that makes them feel slick. Also if you do get them, check the pem nuts on the lights. Mine came with the holes covered with plastic and one pem nuts crooked. Didnt take much to mod mine to work, I just used my pen-torch with a needle tip and heated up the pem nut then straightened it out like it was suppossed to be and it worked great.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Dan,
I went on there and typed in 95 dodge intrepid headlights and got the ones from headlight depot. I figured they would know what they were doing, because of their name. Great clarity and shine, has some kind of coating on them that makes them feel slick. Also if you do get them, check the pem nuts on the lights. Mine came with the holes covered with plastic and one pem nuts crooked. Didnt take much to mod mine to work, I just used my pen-torch with a needle tip and heated up the pem nut then straightened it out like it was suppossed to be and it worked great.
sounds like a plan thanks for the heads up my friend has a pen torch ill ask him for his

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
she looks nice! but wanna see more pics of her! luv the new headlights and wanna get some for my car but I need a whole new plastic brackets cuzz mine are all broke where the nuts are! sucks really and dodge should make a recall on that...

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
she looks nice! but wanna see more pics of her! luv the new headlights and wanna get some for my car but I need a whole new plastic housing cuzz mine are all broke where the nuts are! sucks really and dodge should make a recall on that...
petition for glass lights and metal brackets!!! ftw!!! plastic FTL lol or at least a better plastic

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I had fitment issues with my last set i bought as well witch is why im going to buy a more expensive set to see if the quality is better.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really didnt have any fitment issues other than the pem nuts. Oh, I did have one fitment issue with the hole the bulb goes in on one hopusing but nothing that a pen-torch with a hot knife tip didnt take care of. I heated the torch and it slit throught the plastic like it wasn't even there. LOL
If you (Ty) have any better luck with headlights, Let me know as I will be upgrading again.

Beman,
Thanks for the compliments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Alright guys,
just a quick question as to whether or not I should change my exhaust setup. I have been thinking of this for a couple of days now, whilst in the hospital.
I have the magnaflow muffler (single in, dual out) where the resonator was running 2 2.5" pipes out the back into tips. I love the way she rumbles at idle and startup, and also the way she growls when i step on it. I am just wondering if I would get more sound and performance outta her if I were to remove the muffler and run straight 2.5" pipes to the rear and then go with something liek that of a v6 camaro/firebird setup? I am thinking that it would be better sounding this way as the sound I am achieving now is already muffled by the time it comes out, then it has to run through the route of pipes out the back.
Would doing the swap actually benefit me sound wise or even performance wise?
Thanks for any info.
-Smurf-

P.S.
Also I would be upgrading to 3" piping instead of the 2.5" I currently have.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
well common sense tells us that if you run true duals from the front to the back it will give you more HP's and sound more aggressive! thats what I plan on doing this summer! but I will put mufflers in the back as I dont want it so sound TOO aggressive like a muscle car...which our treps are not! the way you have it now it chokes up at where you have single setup at where the rez was

edit: also I think it would look better if you put bigger rounder tails...rather than the thin rectangle ones U have now

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beman,
I agree and have since decided that I am gonna go with a rounder (if thats a word) lol, tips. I am thinking of running true duals from the cats back then put a V6 Camaro/firebird muffler behind the spare tire well and then run it out with dual round tips that bend upward. I was also thinking of running true duals and the just putting two mufflers with the afore mentioned tips also.
What would you think?

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
here is what i would do. if you want the 1 in 2 out run the 2 out of the cat get rid of the rez. and the 2.5 is still an aggressive set up. if you want rreally agressive. i would run true duals off the headers which is what i plan on doing in the future but i plan on doing it all legal with a cat and muffler

edit* lol nvrm see your thinking like me

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
if you want really agressive. i would run true duals off the headers which is what i plan on doingedit* lol nvrm see your thinking like me
yes thats what I plan on doing this summer! you said it before me! LOL thats the best route to go for performance and sound!

EDIT: trepcruzzin your muffler sounds great BTW!

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
yes thats what I plan on doing this summer! you said it before me! LOL thats the best route to go for performance and sound!
yea i want to do a completely custom exhaust off the headers my friend is a welder so going to have him weld me up a set. and just end up buying a new cat and muffler.

1 - 20 of 364 Posts