DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i constantly work on tractors cars and trucks so i go through ratchets and i feel its time to build my box up again been usin company tools for 2 years i wreck every cresent craftsman kobalt and napa brand ratchets i like snapon but its so damn expensive. my question being is their blue point line just as good for being cheaper SO tools? if yall have any other suggestions including toughest tool chests for cheap id love to hear!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to add i need a relativly tough box cause our shop ended up with a grade in the concrete and our latest tool chest is caved in from it starting to roll and slamming into the wall didnt have locking castors

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
Blue point line is very good,,, its usually a snap on tool,, just not polished,, , best air gun I ever had was a blue point,,,

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
snap on is too expensive, and mac is getting there too now. only good thing is the lifetime replacement warranty.
i mostly use mastercraft maximum and buy them on sale at canadian tire. comes with lifetime warranty as well.
even snap on go bad after enough use. then you have to wait for the salesman to show up to repair/replace them.
i get mine cheap enough that i could replace them 10 times and still be ahead over SO or MAC.
although with lifetime warranties, i won't worry about that either.
tools go on sale at ct continuously at 60-70% off.
i'm sure sears does the same on occasion with their craftsman tools. just buy the best on sale with lifetime warranties and you'll make out better. i still use mac for my air impact guns and specialty tools. but general hand tools are just too expensive and not really of any better quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts