DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the home of the January 2006 IOM!!!!

About me:
My name is Ryan, I'm 17, I got my license in June of 2005. The Trep is my first car, and no I'm not a spoiled rich boy, I worked at the hardware store my dad manages from the age of 14 to earn the $ for it. I live in North Brookfield, Massachusetts. I love cars, especially Mopar and I love my ES, what an awesome car, plenty of power, plenty of room, comfy as hell, sweet looking, I mean what more could a guy want? I've been a member here since May, when i inquired about what i should look for in an Intrepid. Then I bought my 2002 ES, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Me with car:

(i'm not angry, i dunno why I looked that way)

Now, my 2002 ES, I picked it up on May 19th 2005 from Brookfield Motors, the local Dodge Dealer, they had had it since 2003, one of their salesmen was driving it

The day I brought her home, good and stock:

As she looks as of the summer of 2006, no longer stock :biggthump :

Mods

Exterior
Spoilerdepot.com spoiler:

Dodge Ram Head on my back window from Autozone:

light gray DI.net decals on my back windows from stickerhere.com:

Intrepid Windshield banner from Stickerhere.com:

Removed Fog Light Reflectors, with 55W Sylvania Bulbs:

this is a mod thats worth it, it takes about 5 minutes and makes your fogs as bright as your low beams

Painted my calipers bright red:

MOPAR Intrepid Hood Bra:

(I own the full bra, but have yet to put it on. Someday I will for some pics)

Full-Size Spare Tire

painted the fusebox cover, caps red, and red wire loomed the entire engine:

Chrome Trunk Dodge Badging from i think a Durango, at any rate, bigger and looks better to me than the stock Dodge trunk badging:

New Chrome ES Badging off of a 98 ES at the yard, which yes=FREE:

Single In, Dual Out Flowmaster 80 Exhaust with two 3 1/4" Stainless Steel Tips:

Interior

NEWEST MOD!!!!
2001 Chrysler 300M Black Heated Leather with Side Airbags!!!!!
(yes, my car had side bags originally)

God these seats are comfortable!!
I'm so happy I upgraded!

Dodge Floormats from Walmart:

billet temp control knobs with the blue insert

Trunk Liner, and Sun Sensor from a Jeep Cherokee

EVIC+PSI out of another Cherokee:

Auto Dim Mirror, and Auto headlight switch:

Joe KD's Leather Console Cover:

Black A-pillars (god i love the all black look up front)

98 style dash bezel - with the pockets, not that they serve a purpose, but they look cooler I think

Lighted 300M Visors with Pullouts and Dodge Visor Plaques

chrome pedals and leather shifter with chrome overlay from raztrep...

Blue Interior lights, in my EVIC and the back map lights, and the Ram head badge on my EVIC:

Cargo Net

System (if you could call it that right now)

My 17th Birthday present:
Alpine 9851 Headunit!!!

I reaplced my midline system and old Alpines with the Infinity system out of a 300M, with the 240W Amp, sounds muchh better, i'm happy for now

Other pics
I went all out January 8th 2006 and took a bunch of pics... 112 to be exact
heres one:

check the rest of them out<-- there are some sweet ones there, i just didnt want to put 20 pics in one post :D

On March 26, 2006 I took a bunch more, heres one:

check out the rest here

On November 26, 2006 I did another photoshoot, for some reason i forgot to let anyone see the pics :dunno:
check out all the pics here

My Wish-List
Tint - MA legal limit, I forget what it is, but its dark enough for me
JoeKD intake
ATC
some sort of black interior mod, i'd like to have a black headliner and all black interior trim eventually

thanks to Scott (IS300M), Bobby (SilverSpecial) and everyone else who has helped me with my car!!!
thanks for viewing my sig page!!!
and thanks everyone who nominated and voted for me for IOM!
I am really honored and i really appreciate it!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Looking good Ryan. Love the calipers. Oh yeah them fog lights look good too. upgrade them bulbs to sylvaina bulbs and you'll get alot more output :)

Must be nice to have a rear folding seat....

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks Fernando, its good to finally have a sig

i love the calipers too, i must say, for a $5.19 can of spray paint and about 1 hours worth of time, i get so many comments its unbelievable, not to mention the fact that i love them too...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got my spoiler in and installed on wednesday!
just need the time to upload pics...

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
AWESOME!!!
next mods, since your on a 16 yr olds budget(i remember those days)

clear corners(crombie made a thread on how to do this)

debadge it for that clean look

If you ever need anything, just PM me.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
r0meo021 said:
AWESOME!!!
next mods, since your on a 16 yr olds budget(i remember those days)

clear corners(crombie made a thread on how to do this)

debadge it for that clean look

If you ever need anything, just PM me.
thanks man!
makes me feel good, I've loved your Trep since the moment i saw it!

I have definitely been considering the clear corners mod, however drilling into my lights just seems a bit scary, I dont want to **** them up, i'll probably get over it and do it eventually

my doors are already debadged, i dunno why, but i kinda like it with just debadged doors, I've always been a big fan of Dodge and im proud to show I have one, however i do need a new dodge badge for the trunk, the chrome is peeling on mine, and the chrome is long gone from my ES badge, so im hoping to get new badging when i hit the yard with scott

@DodgeyAussie: thanks man! It is pretty nice to not have to worry about paying for anything but mods and insurance, and of course gas, i dont have a girlfriend either, so its just my car...

@sinastis: thanks!

now i just have to take some pictures of my new spoiler, the ones i took the night my dad and i put it on are too dark to really see it

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
sneke_eyez said:
thanks man!
makes me feel good, I've loved your Trep since the moment i saw it!
:icon_cry: wishing it still looked like that.... but i have new plans
sneke_eyez said:
i dont have a girlfriend either, so its just my car...
The smartest thing i have ever heard in my life coming from a 16 yr old!

check this mod out, i had this one for a while... just have it cut and it will start your intrepid just fine. as long as you dont have that computer chip thing... but that can be bypassed at any automotive electronic store.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1994-2004-Dodge-Viper-Key-Blanks-with-Cobra-logo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40016QQitemZ7997782906QQrdZ1

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
blurred10 said:
Nice! It's got a clean look. Very tasteful.
thanks man, im going for the clean, subtle look, cept for the big white decal on my windshield, but i want everybody to know what kind of car they got smoked by :D
kcarlos2000 said:
Very nice ride there sneke! Going to look even better with that Carbon Fiber Overlay applied.
thanks a lot keith, and yep, the carbon fiber overlay will add a bit more style to my interior
r0meo021 said:
The smartest thing i have ever heard in my life coming from a 16 yr old!

check this mod out, i had this one for a while... just have it cut and it will start your intrepid just fine. as long as you dont have that computer chip thing... but that can be bypassed at any automotive electronic store.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...778 2906QQrdZ1
haha, yeah, well, i still wouldnt mind having a girlfriend, but im glad i dont have to spend money on one, it all goes towards the Trep

oooo, Viper keyblanks, now theres an idea, much nicer and classier than the regular old ram head ones
ill have to invest in a couple, i think i can have them cut at work (if they fit in our ancient key machine)
virtueixi said:
Nice trep. It's also nice to see a person your age actually work to buy their first car. It makes you appreciate it that much more.
thanks man, yeah, i was originally working towards a Dodge Ram, but i ended up not wanting to spend the extra money on gas, plus my parents werent too keen on the idea, so anyway i saved and saved and now i only owe my gramp 1k on it, which i pay back monthly, and it sure does make me appreciate it, i baby this car like nothing else in my life
raztrep said:
Good start, if your afraid to drill into your headlights yourself talk to slewis.
yeah, i must admit im not too keen on the idea, im sure ill get over it though and do it anyway, i mean, slewis' tutorial only has a few steps, I can handle it
elboricua75 said:
Your car is looking great, keep up the great work. Do you have a final pic of the calipers painted? What spoiler did you get?
the painted calipers, although they are hard to see because of the lighting, are in one of the pics at the bottom of my sig, and you can see the wing in the updated pics i just put up
thanks though man, your trep is niiice

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks man
i need some new pics of my car, ooo, and i got a sub box today for free, if i have a chance, ill get some new pictures of my intrepid and a pic or two of the box, it even has subs in it, but i dunno how good they are, i figured, eh, its free, why the hell not?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATED!!!

woo, took forever, but i finally took the time to update it!

check it out and tell me what you think!

1 - 20 of 333 Posts