DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
225/60/16 is the proper size but they are wide for the best traction in snow.

I use tat size on my trep.

Last year i was given 15" snows mounted on 15x7 5th ave rwd rims.

Ofset was a little on the wide side but 15x6 would be a good size to use if you were looking for a narrower tire!

they worked very well 215/70/15 couse they were narrower than stock.

Be carefull with abs they have to have the same size all the way around!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
My 225/60/16 snow tires are actually much lower profile and narrower than my stock michelin 225/60/16's. The snow tires work fabulously...

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I have 225/55-17(stock size) snow tires mounted on my R/T wheels. Pretty much just because the previous owner(my dad) was cheap and didn't want to get new winter wheels! Even though they are wider than what I would have bought if I had dedicated wheels, like Bus said they work really well. I'm so pleased that when I do need new ones I don't think I'll bother to get new wheels and just get another set of the 225s.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i have 225/60-16 dunlops for the winter on my trep, im just running black steelies... btw 00r/t my dad did the same thing for the 1 winter he used it, thats why i had to get the rims replaced.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
linuxglobal said:
i have 225/60-16 dunlops for the winter on my trep, im just running black steelies... btw 00r/t my dad did the same thing for the 1 winter he used it, thats why i had to get the rims replaced.
Yeah, I can imagine what a Canadian winter does to chrome! One good thing about the painted aluminum is that even after 6 years they still look like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts