DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a few people bringing up turboing their treps and all and I actually wanna do this. I get it would be expensive but I should be getting this full time job at a repair shop soon and I should be able to save up all winter. What I need help with is sorting an engine rebuild kit, I may just go 4.0 stroker becasue I am on a quest for power anyway but I heard that someone had trouble with theirs guzzling gas. Second of all, I need to source either a kit or someone to help build up the tranny to sustain the power that should go through this thing. Some may say go rwd but I would rather keep it FWD unless there is another tranny that is fwd that hooks up to these motors that can handle the power. Another thing I need to find a turbo that wont have a ton of lag but will still help boost me up into higher power levels without imploding on itself (so I guess I need one that has good funtionality and can still give gobs of power). Also will need to find all the other neccessary parts to hook up to the turbo (like BOV, wastegates, intercooler, etc). On top of that then finding somewhere to mount all this. I have seen it before where people would just mount the turbos under the car right in their exhaust so they would save modifying there manifolds some. I get this would add some lag time but it has to go somewhere and I was thinking maybe our "tranny tunnel" because there appears to be enough room in there.

I know that there are not alot of turbo experts on here but you guys are LH experts so I figured I would start here and move onto other forums for turboing and such (anyone have any reccommendations?)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts